RHS

Post your suggestions for Server Mods Here
Apollo

Re: RHS

Postby Apollo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:47 am

jappie2 wrote:Can't we ask them for permission to stuff a few RHS vehicles into the OFPS modpack?

why dont you go try? get back to us tell us how it goes...

Liveandletdie
Site Admin

Postby Liveandletdie » Wed Apr 06, 2016 11:54 am

Yea please reach out! I personally have not contacted them but its worth a shot to get their direct stance.

FYI: Some mod authors are very opposed to using mods without permission especially posting on steam workshop, one example of this is the Burnes Landing Craft - MK10 , we originally had this mod in our pack and as soon as the author saw we were using it, complained immediately and wanted it removed as soon as possible and was going to report it to steam for copyright claims. If reported it would removed the entire pack from steam!

Apollo

Postby Apollo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 12:35 pm

Liveandletdie wrote:Yea please reach out! I personally have not contacted them but its worth a shot to get their direct stance.

FYI: Some mod authors are very opposed to using mods without permission especially posting on steam workshop, one example of this is the Burnes Landing Craft - MK10 , we originally had this mod in our pack and as soon as the author saw we were using it, complained immediately and wanted it removed as soon as possible and was going to report it to steam for copyright claims. If reported it would removed the entire pack from steam!

Yeah some modders dont want their shit used, I assume because its the only thing they have to power trip on....

jappie2

Postby jappie2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 1:34 pm

That is complete bullshit of Burnes. Although it might be for the better, i've tried his LCAC mod a while back and it was the buggiest mess i'd seen in a mod.

I have contacted Red hammer studios, hope they'll send a reply soon!

jappie2

Postby jappie2 » Wed Apr 06, 2016 2:26 pm

Welp, no luck. Red hammer studios doesn't allow anyone to upload part of their mod to the workshop in any way, and they won't put the whole pack on there themselves because valve's terms are fishy. Uploading their mod to the workshop would give valve rights to redistribute, edit, change and claim the mod. I understand their hesitation on that.

BlackFish

Postby BlackFish » Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:45 am

i dont know why we just cant incorporate some of the stuff into the server modpack....Thats literally the reason why it exists. Server mod packs are made so its easier for players to download all the mods in one location. The reasoning for not adding mods in the steam workshop is a poor excuse as there are several mods in the server pack that are from the BIS forums and armaholic. Almost all vehicle mods are for Blufor/United states. There is literally hardly any mods that DONT rehash and import Opfor models from previous arma games *cough*CUP*cough*. There is only a select few mods that actually created new Opfor vehicles AND none of them are on the steam workshop.

Liveandletdie
Site Admin

Postby Liveandletdie » Thu Apr 07, 2016 8:15 pm

We can use almost anything on armaholic/forums as most content authors do not have not issues, the ones that have issues will state it in the license and usage section. If they do state that they do not want their mods posted or used on steam workshop then we run the risk of them reporting the mod pack and it could be removed in its entirety. Feel free to shoot me links to any mod that you think is worthy!!

Return to “ARMA 3 Mod Suggestions”