OFPS Squads for Private Matches

yurisuika

Re: OFPS Squads for Private Matches

Postby yurisuika » Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:17 pm

I've realised a critical flaw in this. Minerva is a Roman goddess. The maps are Greek and all the other squads are Greek gods. Also, Minerva and Athena are the same goddess. Thus we should be a different god.

Acalculus

Postby Acalculus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:13 am

The Logo looks great Magnet!

Acalculus

Postby Acalculus » Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:28 am

I had missed that there were four squads. Minerva looks strong too. Dang that's a lot of competence.

MagnetAss

Postby MagnetAss » Sun Apr 05, 2015 8:51 am

yurisuika wrote:I've realised a critical flaw in this. Minerva is a Roman goddess. The maps are Greek and all the other squads are Greek gods. Also, Minerva and Athena are the same goddess. Thus we should be a different god.

Howabout Artemis?

Acalculus

Postby Acalculus » Tue Apr 07, 2015 5:23 am

I've created a closed steam group for Poseidon Squad. Message me for an invite.

Liveandletdie
Site Admin

Postby Liveandletdie » Wed Apr 08, 2015 2:40 pm

yurisuika wrote:I've realised a critical flaw in this. Minerva is a Roman goddess. The maps are Greek and all the other squads are Greek gods. Also, Minerva and Athena are the same goddess. Thus we should be a different god.

Yurisuika brings up a good point, should we pick a new god? If so we should do this sooner rather then later....

Also now that we have squads how soon are we going to get some matches going?

Also when we get our team banners ready how do we add them to the sheet?

Magnet I saw that you have created a mini team logo that gets placed on the vehicles, what is the sizing for these and how do we add them in?

yurisuika

Postby yurisuika » Wed Apr 08, 2015 10:49 pm

I had realised this while trying to come up with an emblem...
Artemis is pretty cool but there are already two ones that start with A. Here are some that aren't too OP like Gaia or Chaos:

Erebus (Ἔρεβος),the god of darkness and shadow.
Dionysus (Διόνυσος, Diónysos), god of wine, parties and festivals, madness, chaos, drunkenness, drugs, and ecstasy.
Hecate (Ἑκάτη), goddess of magic, witchcraft, the night, moon, ghosts, and necromancy.
Hades (ᾍδης, Hádēs), king of the underworld and the dead, and god of regret.

I guess it all depends if you want to stick to the Olympians or choose from the Titans or Primordials etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Gr ... al_figures

Liveandletdie
Site Admin

Postby Liveandletdie » Fri Apr 10, 2015 4:42 pm

Spanish can we get your official ruling on the Minerva squad name? Are we keeping things as is or are we changing our name? If so can we provide our suggestion on which one we might prefer? Please let us know as soon as possible so we can get started on our banners/icons/etc...

PS: Lets get some matches going!

yurisuika

Postby yurisuika » Fri Apr 10, 2015 10:52 pm

Our apparently de facto Steam group headquarters has been quiet on the matter, most matters for that matter, so yes let's bring the case to a close.

My vote is for Erebus, it's a cool name and cool god, also a cool volcano in Antarctica that a DC-10 jetliner crashed into and everyone died. All of our enemies' CAS and AA will just crash into our base without us taking a scratch like the Dalian Sucker 2000. We could have a bold black minimalistic emblem that will intimidate all the other teams.

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Sat Apr 11, 2015 8:25 am

Liveandletdie wrote:Spanish can we get your official ruling on the Minerva squad name? Are we keeping things as is or are we changing our name? If so can we provide our suggestion on which one we might prefer? Please let us know as soon as possible so we can get started on our banners/icons/etc...

PS: Lets get some matches going!

Pick a name and I'll change it

Return to “Private Matches”