Scheduled Matches

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Scheduled Matches

Postby SpanishSurfer » Thu Apr 16, 2015 2:49 pm

Next match scheduled! Check for details here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Warfar ... 3871007266

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Re: Scheduled Matches

Postby SpanishSurfer » Tue May 12, 2015 11:37 am

All squads on deck!!!!! Match is coming in a few weeks!

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/Warfar ... 7718795378

remi

Postby remi » Wed May 13, 2015 2:43 pm

Is there a sign up?

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Thu May 14, 2015 2:44 pm

remi

Postby remi » Thu May 14, 2015 5:41 pm

To reserve a spot in advance.

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Fri May 15, 2015 1:26 pm

remi wrote:To reserve a spot in advance.

Nope

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Mon May 25, 2015 6:05 am

I think for future matches, I'm going to reduce max allowed bases from 2 to 1 and increase the amount of starting cash for each team. 5-6 hours is WAY too long for a match.

Anyone else have any other suggestions on how to reduce match length?

remi

Postby remi » Mon May 25, 2015 6:59 am

I was fatigued after 3 hours, and had to stop playing.

One base maximum is a good idea. It's a more-focused end game then. But get rid of artillery. I think when the game reaches artillery production, playing becomes more of a bored frustration. Give us 6 hours of intense air-to-air, laser-guided bombing, strafing combat, and it will be fun for everyone. Introduce artillery, and it will be groans. Bring on the mortars though.

Guerrilla CTI needs to be re-introduced. It is just way too much fun, and would be perfect with TFR (assuming everyone gets it to work). I think it would also be a quicker match because of the smaller AO.

If we are doing a scrimmage among the OFPS regulars, can we just pick 2 team captains and then choose players 'grade-school basketball style'?

Liveandletdie
Site Admin

Postby Liveandletdie » Mon May 25, 2015 9:55 pm

I actually prefer longer matches cause it gives teams a chance to play with all the late game toys, but i guess that would be solved with increased starting cash..... If your intention is to reduce game time then yes keeping teams at 1 base would help alot.

Another thing i think we need to edit is the team starting locations, some of the locations need to just be deleted as they put certain teams in such a disadvantage/advantage. In the last game blufor started south of vikos which is probably the worst spawn in the game since it has so little strategic value, bad logistics and lack of towns close by vs opfor started near sand which is arguably the best spawn in the game which gave such a big advantage just due to spawn location. Since early game spawns play such a huge influence on early game points and cash flow I think we need to remove some of the outlying spawn points and focus them on more key strategic locations.

I also agree with remi, I think artillery use needs to be discouraged much more, being able to just point and click away an enemy base from anywhere on the map with little to no risk is just OP (mortars are ok as they are less powerful and must be close range). I think we should increase the price of artillery by a significant amount and try to push more emphasis on air combat instead of point and click end game. Air and tank combat is much more fun and requires coordination to pull off successfully (much more risky), plus air to air combat is pretty much nonexistent right now which is sad (how often do you actually see jet to jet combat? never...). I personally would love to see more air combat, especially once we get the new version with henroths jet rearming script.

There also seems to be an issue with player numbers, even with 4 squads showing up i think we only had around 20 players. I am not sure if this is a lack of word getting out or what but i would love to see these numbers way way higher, until then the team captain idea might fill in the game and attempt to keep teams more even as far as skill goes.

Guerrilla CTI also needs to be bug fixed and reintroduced...

Focke66

Postby Focke66 » Thu Mar 03, 2016 9:12 am

^ I have said that about artillery since the first day I ever played CTI on any server. I love to use it for support so I hate that the only way to limit it is to make it ungodly expensive, but without full base protection that is the only way.

What about 1 base max and full protection but artillery somewhat affordable?

Return to “Private Matches”