New Beginner's Guide to Warfare !!

Discussion Related to the ARMA 2 Server and ARMA 2 in General.
Deathgarde

New Beginner's Guide to Warfare !!

Postby Deathgarde » Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:21 am

BAMBI's LOOK HERE!

http://armawarfare.wix.com/arma2warfare

This is a website I have developed in my spare time to stop all the noob questions and provides a REAL guide on how to play the game. This guide was also created to stop people like TowKiller_bd from having a brain hemorrhage everytime he hears " how do you fast travel? " This guide also is designed to add a little more "game" to experienced players.

Let me know what you guys think!

DG

omon
Site Admin

Re: New Beginner's Guide to Warfare !!

Postby omon » Mon Dec 08, 2014 9:29 am

You should change the whole thing, its hard to read and not enough pictures.
Start with how to capture a town, how to approach and what's the best strategy to cap it quick!
To write this guide correctly you have to put your self in bambie shoes.

Deathgarde

Postby Deathgarde » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:05 pm

Well, I think it's not hard to read at all. I've taken a lot of popular questions that new players ask and broken them down into sections. There is no " how to attack towns " for noobs. What i'm trying to accomplish is promoting teamwork and communication for players to be successful. I've tried to package the website like an old manual for nintendo game - menus and interfaces are broken down, units explained, how to move around, etc.

Roma

Postby Roma » Mon Dec 08, 2014 3:46 pm

There are some bullshit advices. For example the "- When you get 'Tone Lock', make sure you have a clear LOS to the enemy or your ATGM might hit an obstacle on route."
Getting square around your target with atgm is enough. Even not around it, you just can select target from target menu, even if square is far from your target, missile will still follow the target.
I have shown you how to use atgms when you camt see your target but you tell noobs to get full lock on instead.
Anyway, most noobs will not even bother to read mission notes(map - notes) and you expect them to visit forum/site and read the manual?

Deathgarde

Postby Deathgarde » Mon Dec 08, 2014 4:15 pm

I was referring more along the line of locking on with a T-90 and missile fires but hits roof of house before hitting tank above it on hill

Roma

Postby Roma » Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:17 am

Deathgarde wrote:I was referring more along the line of locking on with a T-90 and missile fires but hits roof of house before hitting tank above it on hill

Lets say that your target is on your 12. You can fire on your 3 or 6 so missile will have the wide turn and wont hit the building.

Deathgarde

Postby Deathgarde » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:38 am

Roma..what you are talking about has nothing to do with teaching new players the game. When I put in "make sure you have a clear LOS to the target I was intending it just as that. When you are the driver, and you ctrl+left click on tone lock target. The missile will fly a direct path to its target, even if it hits a hill in front of the target. What you are talking about is using an exploit, as the developers didn't intend on having an atgm work that way. All you ate doing is being negative and saying I'm giving bullshit advise to noobs, when clearly I'm not. So far, I never seen a more complete guide on how to play WF, it took a while to make it, and so far I've been bashed saying it's no good..

Sentient
Site Admin

Postby Sentient » Tue Dec 09, 2014 3:29 pm

Pay no attention to these stinkers. I think you've done a great job on this.

Roma

Postby Roma » Tue Dec 09, 2014 8:57 pm

Deathgarde wrote:Roma..what you are talking about has nothing to do with teaching new players the game. When I put in "make sure you have a clear LOS to the target I was intending it just as that. When you are the driver, and you ctrl+left click on tone lock target. The missile will fly a direct path to its target, even if it hits a hill in front of the target. What you are talking about is using an exploit, as the developers didn't intend on having an atgm work that way. All you ate doing is being negative and saying I'm giving bullshit advise to noobs, when clearly I'm not. So far, I never seen a more complete guide on how to play WF, it took a while to make it, and so far I've been bashed saying it's no good..

They did intend missiles to work like that. It can be toggled in difficulty settings. (another bullshit from you on what devs intended and what they didnt) Better teach them to use gunner by themselves.

KYLE
Site Admin

Postby KYLE » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:03 pm

Gentlemen - Please no personal attacks. Discussion is fine but do not start attacking each other or I will begin handing out infractions. Bad Forum Behavior can lead to an In-Game ban as well.
OFPS.NET General Manager
Voted most abusive ARMA Admin by 9 out of 10 Adolescent DayZ Fags.
Bohemia isn't evil, they just spend all of their time making the parts of Arma 3 they couldn't finish on time into DLC.
All Admin Decisions are Final - Bitch and ill throw you into the Arma Sarlacc Pit.

Return to “ARMA 2”