New Beginner's Guide to Warfare !!

Discussion Related to the ARMA 2 Server and ARMA 2 in General.
Roma

Re: New Beginner's Guide to Warfare !!

Postby Roma » Tue Dec 09, 2014 10:32 pm

KYLE wrote:Gentlemen - Please no personal attacks. Discussion is fine but do not start attacking each other or I will begin handing out infractions. Bad Forum Behavior can lead to an In-Game ban as well.

Sorry what was personal there? Criticizing his guide?

KYLE
Site Admin

Postby KYLE » Tue Dec 09, 2014 11:36 pm

I am not saying any particular comment is, but there is no reason to call a piece of information "more bullshit from you". He might be misinformed, but there are better ways of saying that then calling it bullshit from him. I am merely reminding people of the rules things get of out control.

If you had made a severe enough personal attack I would have already contacted you privately about it. Here is the link to the rules if you would like to review them again.http://ofps.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=26
OFPS.NET General Manager
Voted most abusive ARMA Admin by 9 out of 10 Adolescent DayZ Fags.
Bohemia isn't evil, they just spend all of their time making the parts of Arma 3 they couldn't finish on time into DLC.
All Admin Decisions are Final - Bitch and ill throw you into the Arma Sarlacc Pit.

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Wed Dec 10, 2014 12:26 am

its all good man, we just trying to think outside the box how to make this guide better for bambies

Deathgarde

Postby Deathgarde » Wed Dec 10, 2014 9:30 am

I don't mind constructive criticism, and As Omon said, the goal is to make it easier for the bambis. Currently ofps.net is the number one WF server which eclipses even WASP, who had the spot for years.. I would like to see the server always full, and don't want to see the bambis discouraged from playing because they find it too complicated.. If anyone has anything to add to the site that would help newcomers, I'd be more than happy to include it on the site.

KillerBD

Postby KillerBD » Thu Dec 11, 2014 1:38 am

The Bambi Bible needs a little better background, some of the text is pretty difficult to read. Otherwise as Omon said, strap on your bambi-hooves and think like one of them. :P

Start with basics,
-Where/how to buy things
-Taking towns, 600m activation
-Take a camp first
-Go for smaller towns at the start of a round
-Don't wast supply on garbage and/or making giant-trash bases with little/no towns
-etc, etc..

... prance like a bambi, see like a bambi, hear like a bambi, become the bambi

:lol:

Deathgarde

Postby Deathgarde » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:18 am

Killer, I'll see about changing the background to make the text pop a little more.

In regards to some of the other things you suggested, it's all there... How/where to purchase units and soldiers, don't waste supply, take small towns, etc. Everything you mentioned except 600m town activation I already included in the guide.. You just have to read it.. It's all there. I'll work on it this morning and spruce it up a little...

Deathgarde

Postby Deathgarde » Thu Dec 11, 2014 6:23 am

Roma wrote:
Deathgarde wrote:I was referring more along the line of locking on with a T-90 and missile fires but hits roof of house before hitting tank above it on hill

Lets say that your target is on your 12. You can fire on your 3 or 6 so missile will have the wide turn and wont hit the building.

Roma, if you would care to provide step by step instructions on how to make an atgm curve around buildings and mountains, I'd be happy to include it in the guide.. Despite whatever social limitations you may have, you are a good player and if you have any words of wisdom, I'll pass it on..

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 2:50 pm

Also mission Notes gotta all be redone, that's the first thing new players will check out.
So maybe we can gather all FAQ and put it in the mission notes.

NoLiMiTSoLDieR

Postby NoLiMiTSoLDieR » Thu Dec 11, 2014 3:24 pm

Maybe a bit offtopic, but in the notes *changelog it mentions something about lifting wrecks, totally new too me.
I decided to try but couldnt get it to work.

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Thu Dec 11, 2014 5:59 pm

that was for mhq, so the other team wont lift the mhq and drop in ocean lol

Return to “ARMA 2”