Please untweak the server

Discussion Related to the ARMA 2 Server and ARMA 2 in General.
Ubart

Please untweak the server

Postby Ubart » Fri Apr 17, 2015 11:41 am

I'm getting a little pissed if you haven't noticed. I die when spawning out of a fast travel and my helicopters spawn tangled up in a bridge and tanks are upside down and AI's act like woodpeckers on the nearest tree they can find yet everyone else is flying around the map like Blac peter pan at spring break. Plaese do something about the dual log on team swaping tweakers with seperate systems to play both sides at the same time (most admin) side stacking base hunters.TY, Unart not Ubart. Can I fix that ?

SpecOpOFPS

Re: Please untweak the server

Postby SpecOpOFPS » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:31 am

Sometimes you spawn (respawn, fast travel etc) in not the best place and your vehicle can be damaged or worse, but in many situations it depends on how the base buildings are positioned by the commander. The same about units you buy. Maybe try not to get pissed but rather just manage to fix it on you side, repair, heal, order new stuff, well, do some maintenance :) Sometimes in real life transportation causes damages to the cargo :lol: Just have fun with it)

KillerBD

Postby KillerBD » Mon Apr 20, 2015 1:22 pm

Sounds like a personal problem, your commander or whoever built the base probably doesn't understand how to place structures so the spawns don't suck. That and you shouldn't fast travel in a helicopter, its mostly intended for ground vehicles/units...

Also I've never heard of anyone playing 'both sides' at the same time, admin or not. If somebody is somehow doing this, they are likely hacking and will be banned. Occasionally it seems people do 'slip' through the team-lock filter and end up on the other side, but this is rare.

Being an admin doesn't give us magical abilities to play both teams. Also you should note that in some cases a person may leave, then rejoin later on and have no choice but to 'stack' a certain team because they are locked to it...

Ubart

Postby Ubart » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:56 pm

It's all good , but I'm going to start tracking players and the bullshit because if I build a bogus fac I sell and rebuild. i'll am going to start reporting the comm vote spammers to get perma banned as well. I don't insist on being comm but Ishouldn't have to put up with all the malicious bullshit. I believe the correct term is "Griefing".

SpecOpOFPS

Postby SpecOpOFPS » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:42 am

Ubart wrote:It's all good , but I'm going to start tracking players and the bullshit because if I build a bogus fac I sell and rebuild. i'll am going to start reporting the comm vote spammers to get perma banned as well. I don't insist on being comm but Ishouldn't have to put up with all the malicious bullshit. I believe the correct term is "Griefing".

You should start tracking bullshit as soon as possible. There is a lot of it.

Ubart

Postby Ubart » Sat May 02, 2015 12:00 am

I'm kind of noob and just found out my server filter was set for low ping so I changed it and found many more to play on, to which I say fuck OFPS.net " and I don't care".

Return to “ARMA 2”