Bugs

Discussion Related to the ARMA 2 Server and ARMA 2 in General.
SpecOpOFPS

Bugs

Postby SpecOpOFPS » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:07 pm

I've found a few bugs. Today's one made me completely angry and I decided to COMPLAIN :lol:

1) MHQ was hidden north Berezino. Nothing else there. Then it was destroyed. I was in Staroye and ordered a new MHQ. It said "hq will parachute at your location", like that. But it spawned exactly where it was destroyed a few minutes ago, near Berezino. If it's not a bug, it's a really bad idea to parachute a new hq to a location that was hostile enough to kill the previous hq) of course it was destroyed again :lol:

2) When you buy mines to your character's slots, they go to secondary slots (those used for handgun mags, grenade launcher grenades etc). But if you buy mines directly in your vehicle or backpack and then move mines from there to your personal pockets, it goes to primary slots.

3) You can buy a machinegun (let it be PKP) and carry it together with an AT launcher. But when you try to take both weapons from your vehicle cargo, it allows only one of them to be taken with you... looks like weight limitation, but you still can take and carry both weapons if buy it at the base.

4) ADDITION. Just now finished a game. I tried to destroy blufor HQ. I put 11 satchels in 3 different places just under HQ along its left and rear sides. Touched off. Nothing. Ok, I prepared GRADS for this case. 3 GRADs hit HQ directly, with zero radius. Nothing. Ok. I took 6 more satchels, returned to their HQ and put each one on its own place, separately, but all under HQ. Booom. And HQ still there. Then I asked KillerBD to do it. He put 4 satchels and then HQ survived. Then next 10 satchels did the job, HQ destroyed. Now the question. How was it possible that all my satchels (17 in total) were placed in wrong places if I placed them in any possible spot next to HQ, with no gap between them and HQ. My satchels didn't count at all. And GRADs as well. But trees were cut all around it. In addition to the 1st bug I mentioned, it's already not funny that I lose my HQ and can't destroy theirs.
Last edited by SpecOpOFPS on Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

KillerBD

Re: Bugs

Postby KillerBD » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:34 pm

1: Doesn't normally happen, sounds like a glitch. It usually falls on top of you at the place you order the new HQ...

2: This is apart of the 'WF menu' when you purchase items, it is only sort of 'glitched' when you start picking crap up from the regular game. I wouldn't worry about this, because the whole 'WF menu/purchase glitch' is actually very, VERY beneficial...

3: ^Same thing as above

Our warfare server takes some liberties in allowing you to add/carry certain equipment that 'vanilla' ArmA2 doesn't allow for. Like carrying a .50cal M107 and a MAAWS if you wanted, 'normal' ArmA doesn't allow this.
However, this only works in the 'purchase menu', when you start picking crap up from cars/bodies/etc, it messes up your load-out. So as a rule of thumb, don't pick crap up, unless you are out of ammo/no-choice...

SpecOpOFPS

Postby SpecOpOFPS » Sat Apr 18, 2015 11:57 pm

KillerBD wrote:1: ...
2: ...
3: ...

Yeah, I suspected something like that about 2 and 3 and it's ok. But the team lost because of the 1st bug. If it is a script, it should depend on the certain parameters, like the commander coordinates or town center coordinates where the commander is which is better. Where my new mhq spawned it wasn't even a town. I really recommend to check everything there.

SpecOpOFPS

Postby SpecOpOFPS » Wed Apr 22, 2015 10:26 am

4) ADDITION. Just now finished a game. I tried to destroy blufor HQ. I put 11 satchels in 3 different places just under HQ along its left and rear sides. Touched off. Nothing. Ok, I prepared GRADS for this case. 3 GRADs hit HQ directly, with zero radius. Nothing. Ok. I took 6 more satchels, returned to their HQ and put each one on its own place, separately, but all under HQ. Booom. And HQ still there. Then I asked KillerBD to do it. He put 4 satchels and then HQ survived. Then next 10 satchels did the job, HQ destroyed. Now the question. How was it possible that all my satchels (17 in total) were placed in wrong places if I placed them in any possible spot next to HQ, with no gap between them and HQ. My satchels didn't count at all. And GRADs as well. But trees were cut all around it. In addition to the 1st bug I mentioned, it's already not funny that I lose my HQ and can't destroy theirs.

Return to “ARMA 2”