Please Untweak the server !!!

Discussion Related to the ARMA 2 Server and ARMA 2 in General.
Deathgarde

Please Untweak the server !!!

Postby Deathgarde » Tue May 26, 2015 6:01 am

Ok this is ridiculous!!

Every time I play, I find a new bug that is a result of Sentient messing around with the damn game files!

Was playing again yesterday.. had artillery uploading upgraded to level 3.. which would indicate that my artillery would reload every 150 seconds.. low and behold it still takes 250 seconds AT LEVEL 3 to reload!
This isn''t broken on any other server, save OFPS.

Sentient F*ing around has ruined this server, and driven away a lot of players because the server has been tweaked and retweaked to the point that nobody wants to play on this server anymore!

Ai is completely shot with 100% skill on all levels, missiles and shit don't work anymore on bmps and tanks - they just fly into the ground 2 feet in front of target..

I can go on and on.

OFPS balance mod is shit
linebacker with tung missiles is shit
all the changes broke more of the game then fix.

I know several players "asked" to untweak the server before.
OFPS is lucky to have 5 players on at a time, it used to have 25+.

The only one variable was Sentient messing around and driving people away..

Fix it, or see this player never return.. i'll go to WASP with the other's where they don't make retarded changes every time the wind blows.

Arma 2 is what it is.. semi-finished, unpolished, but it's broken beyond belief now because of fixes upon fixes!

As a matter of fact I doubt anyone will change anything.... so i'll just go to another server and wait until OMON takes his shitty server down (no offence Omon ;-))

maybe next time don't fix it if aint broken?
Cheers mates.. it was fun for a while!!

Ubart

Re: Please Untweak the server !!!

Postby Ubart » Tue May 26, 2015 8:05 am

I had a RPG7 vl actully glance off a BMP60 and come right back at me resulting in personal injury. Garmud is one of the easiest towns yesterday it took me an hour to take..And whoever you are stop asking me how to rotate facs when placing buildings. Thnx.

JonesB

Postby JonesB » Tue May 26, 2015 10:43 pm

I've got to agree... the OFPS specific tweak mod, along with constant admin stacking, ruined the Arma 2 server for me, and seemingly for a lot of other players as well. I feel many were happy with the TGW series of game tweaks, as most mod users already had them downloaded and in presets. While a good idea on paper, the OFPS mod offers MUCH less than the TGW mods, while leading to what seems to be broken gameplay when using it.

As far as turning it around and getting an active player base back, It sucks to say, but I think it's a case of 'what's done is done'. The server had a growing pile of issues that weren't [properly] addressed, if addressed at all, and the players left because of it. Nothing more, nothing less. Wasp's server population migrated to OFPS for damn well near the exact same reasons as the ones that drive players away from Arma 2 OFPS today.

Explicit Edit...

There is one really shitty part about the death of this server, and that's the fact that I made a thread exactly 6 months ago (back in the max server capacity days) on what needed to be done to 'fix' the server. I knew that it was only a matter of time before we'd start to hemorrhage players if we kept it up.

It was 2 simple requests, that I made both in the thread, and to numerous PMs to Sentient/Omon...

... Take on a real, no-bullshit stance on stacking. Start with verbal warnings, move to kicks, and if needed, bans
... Completely remove the power-abusing, stacking, do-nothing group of friends that we had to call Admins.

If it wasn't the stacking that drove new players away, it was the downright repulsive behavior displayed by ALL the admins (with exception to Sent/Omon) both in-game and on the forums. I can honestly say I haven't seen a group of admins so hellbent on fucking their own server over in my 22 years of gaming.

I hope that when the Arma 2 server is inevitably shut down, that the admins do not carry their powers over to the Arma 3 server, for the sake of the community. Arma 3, while short staffed, is the example/standard that should have been carried over by Omon to the admins that managed the OA server.

Oh well... Lesson learned, I guess?

Sentient
Site Admin

Postby Sentient » Wed May 27, 2015 2:43 pm

JonesB

Postby JonesB » Wed May 27, 2015 5:30 pm

Sentient wrote:

Case in point... Thanks for the invaluable contribution to the problem at hand..

Sentient
Site Admin

Postby Sentient » Wed May 27, 2015 5:37 pm

There is only one real problem, and that problem is team stacking, which unfortunately there is currently no way to solve. As far as admin abuse goes I've only heard complaints about McFly, and as a result I did take away his admin privileges, everything else that deathgarde says is nonsense.

Deathgarde

Postby Deathgarde » Wed May 27, 2015 7:58 pm

Sentient, you are sadly mistaken as the cause of the demise of this server. It had little to do with admin abuse and stacking as to the problems I have pointed out in the original post.
I went on WASP server the past few days and low and behold 5 regulars who played exclusively before on OFPS. (some even had the OFPS tag.). They weren't on the WASP server because of admin abuse or stacking issues.

Maybe a quick refresh to the thread's subject would shed some further light on why people are driven away from OFPS.

I personally guarantee if your server was set up the same as WASP.. players would come back. The mcfly and scryser whiners have already moved on.. no one else would be complaining about admin abuse..

Scryser

Postby Scryser » Thu May 28, 2015 10:12 am

hahhahahahaha you guys are stupid lol sentient fuckd server lmao best admin ever he made fair game whit ofps balance mod (0 % admin abuse ) i tested whit him myself and i play wasp becasue im from eu not because teamstacking or abuse but i want peopel to kill and since i leave in belgium is ofps empty when im awake and when i need to sleep for work is populated only reason why i play a lagging wasp server and sadly many guys ragequit when they see me on and your stuff still works but you need to know how to use everything ist still a game we have same settings then wasp but only way more fair so i will see you this weekend probally on difrant name so you cant ragequit :p or not instanly and btw ofps balance mod is tgw + some extras so dunno whats the problem it still works but beter

Scryser

Postby Scryser » Thu May 28, 2015 10:23 am

and many players are playing gta 5 atm so they will come back when they are bored of that i hope

Sentient
Site Admin

Postby Sentient » Fri May 29, 2015 7:19 pm

Alright I will now attempt to set the record straight and address all these unfounded accusations.

Was playing again yesterday.. had artillery uploading upgraded to level 3.. which would indicate that my artillery would reload every 150 seconds.. low and behold it still takes 250 seconds AT LEVEL 3 to reload!

I have never made any changes to artillery reloading timer. If you upgrade artillery reloading to level 3 on WASP server you'll get the same result, go ahead and try if you don't believe me. My guess would be that it's 150 seconds after D-30s and M119s stop firing, not from the time they start firing.

Ai is completely shot with 100% skill on all levels, missiles and shit don't work anymore on bmps and tanks - they just fly into the ground 2 feet in front of target..

I have never made any changes to the AI skill levels. I beleive AI skill levels are coded into the mission file and they are exactly the same as on WASP server because it's pretty much the same mission file that we're using on our server, with a few twists of my own but AI skill levels were never changed.

I can go on and on.

Please do go o and on. I'll try to address everything, even though it's a waste of time.

OFPS balance mod is shit.

OFPS unit balance mod is actually TGW Vehicle Fixes mod with a few additions that I made. Here is what I have added:

1. M6 Linebacker on BLUFOR now has the same radar range as 2S6M Tunguska on OPFOR.

2. L-39ZA plane on OPFOR now has AA missile warning, lock-on warning, and increased maximum speed to match AV8B.

3. A-10's maximum speed is now the same as SU-25's.

And that is it! If OFSP unit balance mod is shit then so is TGW Vehicle Fixes mod by extension.

linebacker with tung missiles is shit

That's your personal opinion and I don't care. But it wasn't me that put tung missile on linebacker, it was done by Benny years ago when he was still actively developing the mission.

all the changes broke more of the game then fix.

Which changes broke what? I need details to address this.

Fix it, or see this player never return..

Fix what exactly? What seems to be broken?

I personally guarantee if your server was set up the same as WASP..

What do you mean set up the same as WASP? What is different about our server?

While a good idea on paper, the OFPS mod offers MUCH less than the TGW mods

False! OFPS mod offers everything that TGW Vehicle Fixes mod offers, plus the three additions that I made listed above. And let me make one more thing clear, OFPS mod does NOT replace all TGW mods, it only replaces TGW vehicle fixes mod, you can still use other TGW mods that were allowed on the server before OFPS mod was created.

Full list of mods allowed on the server here: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=228

Any other questions? Bring them!

Return to “ARMA 2”