cant seem to find this server

Discussion Related to the ARMA 2 Server and ARMA 2 in General.
Apollo

cant seem to find this server

Postby Apollo » Sat Nov 21, 2015 8:22 am

Hi, I need help, I installed arma 2 and arma OA, but in neither do I see your arma 2 server. in straight arma 2 I see no servers I heard this was because gamespy is no longer supporting it? in OA I see servers but yours is not listed. any help? something im missing? i tried doing direct connect to your servers IP but that did not work, I changed settings in arma 2 but still could not find any servers, also it hangs alot during server refresh.

Sentient
Site Admin

Re: cant seem to find this server

Postby Sentient » Mon Nov 23, 2015 3:20 pm

Sounds to me like there might be a firewall blocking arma's internet access.

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Tue Nov 24, 2015 3:48 pm

cant be firewall as he see's other servers. He might have incorrect game version.

Sentient
Site Admin

Postby Sentient » Tue Nov 24, 2015 7:26 pm

The fact that it hangs a lot during server refresh suggests to me that it's a firewall issue. If it was just a wrong version then he could still see our server, he just wouldn't be able to connect to it. Check your server browser filters, maybe it's being filtered out.

Apollo

Postby Apollo » Wed Nov 25, 2015 2:03 pm

Sentient wrote:The fact that it hangs a lot during server refresh suggests to me that it's a firewall issue. If it was just a wrong version then he could still see our server, he just wouldn't be able to connect to it. Check your server browser filters, maybe it's being filtered out.

Thanks for the advice, will do.

Return to “ARMA 2”