Where to download the required mods

All Discussion not directly related to the ARMA 2/3 or the Server itself.
MrBinny

Where to download the required mods

Postby MrBinny » Fri Oct 21, 2016 4:26 pm

Just a basic question. Where do I download the mods for this server? Bear in mind that saying "steam" is roughly like saying I could download them from the internet, thanks. There are dozens of different versions of the mods running on this server (Chernarus winter, which one? I don't know.) Do we download the SpanishSurfer mod last updated on Jan 14th? (no idea.) I suppose I could try every possible combination, at a ~1 Gig+ per. but who has that kind of time.

Thanks;
Regards, yours truly <3
-MrBinny

CpnJackHarkness

Re: Where to download the required mods

Postby CpnJackHarkness » Fri Oct 21, 2016 5:46 pm

Search OFPS.NET in the server browser and hit join. It'll prompt you to download the required mods. In case you encounter any trouble here's what you need:

- OFPS Extended Pack
- Community Base Addons (CBA)
- Beketov
- Winter Chernarus
- CUP Core, Terrains, Units, Weapons, and Vehicles

Welcome to the server!
in-game/steam name: marc defranco

MrBinny

Postby MrBinny » Fri Oct 21, 2016 7:38 pm

I've played on this server many times before back when it was mostly Becti Zerty..or the SpanishSurfer modpack... Anyway here is a list of what we're supposed to have, totaling about ~15 Gigabytes... (not including the new expansion or additional OFPS.net maps, i.e. Australia)

Chernarus Winter: Chernarus Winter RAVAGE by [GMBB]CGRAY? Chernarus Winter A3 by DJ Regal Memes? [SP] Chernarus winter by Te? [SP/CO-08] Chernarus_Winter by Evil Minion? Chernarus Winter Vanilla (no, there is no listing for "Chernarus Winter" by itself.) ~0.75 Gb

Beketov [check].. there is such a thing as simply "Beketov" (so we're not talking about beketov zeus +mcc...we're not talking about Beketov Life.. we're not talking about Dynamic Recon Ops - Beketov..etc... got it.) ~1Gb, last updated Oct 20th

CUP Terrains - Core 1.2.0 (Good luck finding the version on steam, the version isn't listed... so I guess we're supposed to download it first, and then see whats inside later.) 1.2 Gb download, last updated June 23rd

CUP Terrains - Maps 1.2.0 (Good luck finding the version on steam, the version isn't listed... so I guess we're supposed to download it first, and then see whats inside later.) 3.7Gb download, last updated June 22

CUP Units 1.7.0 (Good luck finding the version on steam, the version isn't listed... so I guess we're supposed to download it first, and then see whats inside later.) 1.3 Gb download, Last updated July 12th

CUP Vehicles 1.7.0 (Good luck finding the version on steam, the version isn't listed... so I guess we're supposed to download it first, and then see whats inside later.) 4 Gb download...last updated July 16th, maybe this is the one?

CUP Weapons 1.7.1 (Good luck finding the version on steam, the version isn't listed... so I guess we're supposed to download it first, and then see whats inside later.) 1.8Gb download...last updated July 16th, maybe this is the one?

Community Base Addons v3.1.1 (There is no listing for this in steam... so that kinda sucks..oh well..)

OFPS Mod Pack - Likely the one by LIVEANDLETDIE as there is no other listing for "OFPS Mod Pack"

Also..don't forget the new expansion map... aaaaaaaaand..sometimes this server plays Australia..wherever that map is.. (its about 9 Gigabytes.)

And... also, Tanoa...you need that also.

Uuuuugh...there should be a mod tool that checks dependencies... they've only been doing this with makefiles for 40 years...[end of whine.]

anyway... i will download a few things... assuming all we have to do is download "stuff" that looks about right... (maybe if the content is there it won't matter..I don't know and I don't think anyone really knows at this point.) And then post an update and get this sorted.

Sentient
Site Admin

Postby Sentient » Fri Oct 21, 2016 9:35 pm

Dude! Open the Arma 3 launcher, find the server in the list of servers, click the "join" button, a new window will pop up, click "set up mods and join".

Steam should automatically download and install all the mods for you. You may have to click "subscribe" button too in order to subscribe to those mods first, I'm not 100% sure on that, been a while since I did all that myself.

There is no need to find and download and install any of those mods manually.

MrBinny

Postby MrBinny » Mon Oct 24, 2016 1:29 am

Thank you! That was the answer I was looking for.

Return to “General Discussion / Off Topic”