The OFFICIAL Addons REQUEST List

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
yurisuika

Re: The OFFICIAL Addons REQUEST List

Postby yurisuika » Thu Jun 09, 2016 7:56 pm

Afterall, the best battles are the ones where you get up in your face of your opponent, not cowardly fighting from the shadows.

Having a firefight in the city streets where every pile of rubble or wall is a new piece of territory to take.
Having a tank battle between ridges and valleys at a couple kilometres, trying to dodge incoming shells while firing off your own.
Having a dogfight in the sky, the everlasting game of cat and mouse.

Not rushing into a city with your APC and killing all the infantry, nor firing at vehicles from your helicopter several klicks away, nor even sniping enemies at their own base.

Why are games like M&B so fun? You are entirely engaged with your target, as they are to you.

More so, by focusing on engaging combat, you are simultaneously transitioning the goal of gameplay from the endgame of destroying a base to the actual experiences of the moment. As they say, it's about the journey, not the destination.

Too bad there are too many dipshits both regulars and randoms for a truly mature community.

Apollo

Postby Apollo » Thu Jun 09, 2016 8:56 pm

I would rather make the unguided dumbfire AA gun Planes cheaper, And some units can do stealth veh already.

Offroad with 2 AA infantry in back deck engine off, extra rockets in its inventory same can be done for the transports.

Avenger I believe can run its turret engine off.

Any of the other ones require you to shut off the engine and either wait outside till your target is in range, or you sit in the turret engine off.

A major thing most players do not do is build any defenses for their AA Veh, if you dig that baby in with high hesco walls most air wont be able to kill it without a extreme angle of attack, and then they are heavily exposed.

And whats all this talk about IR smoke? the vehs smoke allready counters enemy missles you just have to pop it before they hit. Also some vehs like the tung have missile radar and can tell when a missile is incoming. it shows on the veh compass. most vehs however dont have that kind of radar capability.

I can already mod the vehs easily to be able to run their turret without the engine starting up. its like 1 line of code. But that alone has alot of balance issues, and it would probably explode the size of the OFPS modpack, and people are already complaining about mod size.

Mumbles893

Postby Mumbles893 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 1:58 am

Apollo wrote:I would rather make the unguided dumbfire AA gun Planes cheaper, And some units can do stealth veh already.

Offroad with 2 AA infantry in back deck engine off, extra rockets in its inventory same can be done for the transports.

Any of the other ones require you to shut off the engine and either wait outside till your target is in range, or you sit in the turret engine off.

A major thing most players do not do is build any defenses for their AA Veh, if you dig that baby in with high hesco walls most air wont be able to kill it without a extreme angle of attack, and then they are heavily exposed.

And whats all this talk about IR smoke? the vehs smoke allready counters enemy missles you just have to pop it before they hit. Also some vehs like the tung have missile radar and can tell when a missile is incoming. it shows on the veh compass. most vehs however dont have that kind of radar capability.

I can already mod the vehs easily to be able to run their turret without the engine starting up. its like 1 line of code. But that alone has alot of balance issues, and it would probably explode the size of the OFPS modpack, and people are already complaining about mod size.

We can build HESCO now?

anyway we can add Tanks traps (hedge hogs, dragons teeth, etc)

and earth works? (trenches, berms, veh trench)
-Handsome BoB

Apollo

Postby Apollo » Sat Jul 09, 2016 4:09 am

Mumbles893 wrote:
Apollo wrote:I would rather make the unguided dumbfire AA gun Planes cheaper, And some units can do stealth veh already.

We can build HESCO now?

We could add all those things, but it would require mandatory downloading of CUP CORE and maybe CUP TERRAINS. HESCO sadly had to be pulled because they are indestructible. CUP CORE has destructible HESCO but again need CUP CORE to be run on the server.

CpnJackHarkness

Postby CpnJackHarkness » Sat Jul 09, 2016 2:55 pm

Apollo wrote:
Mumbles893 wrote:

We can build HESCO now?

We could add all those things, but it would require mandatory downloading of CUP CORE and maybe CUP TERRAINS. HESCO sadly had to be pulled because they are indestructible. CUP CORE has destructible HESCO but again need CUP CORE to be run on the server.

Already going to be required with new maps being added.
in-game/steam name: marc defranco

Mumbles893

Postby Mumbles893 » Sat Jul 09, 2016 3:04 pm

You make me so happy
-Handsome BoB

Skoll

Postby Skoll » Mon Sep 26, 2016 5:55 am

I think we should remove / replace CUPS and vanilla AKs with this pack, that lets you run AKs newer than 1975 without having to own APEX.

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/ ... =667352839

Mach2Infinity

Postby Mach2Infinity » Tue Dec 27, 2016 10:44 pm

CpnJackHarkness wrote:
SpanishSurfer wrote:
CpnJackHarkness wrote:Tu-95 "Bear" for Opfor:
https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/19134 ... tu-95-cup/

Also the Hellenic Armed Forces mod has some interesting vehicles like a Leopard 2, F-16, Eurofighter, and F-4 Phantom. From testing they seem pretty simple both model and script wise so they shouldn't have the server FPS problems that previous aircraft have had.

I think we have enough aircraft for a while.

There's no such thing.

The Eurofighter is on Steam workshop here. It would be nice to have it as it's what Germany and the UK currently use.

It's taken from the following:

Armaholic
BI Forums

MenDr

Postby MenDr » Thu Jun 01, 2017 10:52 am

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... e+controll

This can help in letting your ai follow roads and such, it can be a pain having to re-open the map multiple times just for one job.. wich is getting somewhere without getting stuck

Return to “ARMA 3”