The OFFICIAL Addons REQUEST List

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

The OFFICIAL Addons REQUEST List

Postby SpanishSurfer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 3:37 am

BIS has released their game launcher and have plans to eventually turn it into a Playwithsix type launcher. Their goal is to have players have the ability to connect to any server and allow the launcher to autodownload all of the addons that the server hosts, allowing us to finally have custom content and maps on the server. I would like to know what you guys want to see on the server.

Here are the rules regarding the content:

1. It must be high quality
2. It must be relatively bug free (no major bugs)
3. It must be available on the steam workshop. (just because it's on Armaholic doesn't mean it will work, if it's not published on Steam workshop then it won't auto download and thus it wont work)
4. It must not take away from realism.
5. To recommend it you MUST test it first. (otherwise how will you be able to answer 1 and 2?)

So lets start finding new uniforms, gear, weapons, static launchers, heavy artillery, vehicles, aircraft and anything else out there that can add to BECTI.

Thanks guys!

-SS

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Re: The OFFICIAL Addons List

Postby SpanishSurfer » Mon Jul 28, 2014 11:15 am

omon wrote:None one will use it, BIS need to hardcore that shit into the game - should of done that many years ago!!!!

Let's hope you're wrong on this one eh Omon? There was a lot of complaining about Steam before Arma 3 came out and discussion on how no one would use the mission workshop, and look at it now, there are a ton of missions in there. I believe the addon part of the workshop will be the same way, it will slowly get used and eventually the flood gates will open. If you look at it now there are already a handfull of high quality jet models that we could use, I'm hopefull!

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Sun Oct 12, 2014 10:05 pm

I flew the T-6B Texan for over a year, good plane. The Alpha version is not as good, difference being the electronics package.

Wendell

Postby Wendell » Tue Oct 21, 2014 7:02 pm

So I'm not sure if this is a mod or an Addon, but I'm having a difficult time Getting @cba_A3 going. I've downloaded the most recent file from here:
http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=18767

the PBO and bisign files show a date of September 6th, and the key file shows a mod date of July 27. No joy, as soon as I join the server I'm kicked out of the game. It's the only mod I'm loading, when I clear it out (run no mods) the server lets me in.

What's the version I should be using, and is there a "latest and greatest" site besides Armaholic?

Edit: september 6th

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Wed Oct 22, 2014 2:38 am

Delete your copy of cba and reinstall, the key/mod should be showing a date of October 2014 not July or September.

Focke66

Postby Focke66 » Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:23 pm

Fixed weapon sway, weapon resting, and bipods. These three are in my solid opinion mandatory to make any ARMA game credible.

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Wed Jan 28, 2015 7:30 am

We can't do addons until BIS automates the process.

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Thu Jan 29, 2015 3:46 pm

janat08 wrote:Tell them to get a petition started to see if users would actually welcome that and or otherwise for it to be suggestive if weather they should have a dev take a day off to implement the feature.

They know...but you're more than capable yourself if you'd like. http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.p ... ost2830734

ShadowDisruptor

Re: The OFFICIAL Addons REQUEST List

Postby ShadowDisruptor » Sat Mar 14, 2015 6:51 pm

The airplanes default to arma are both underpowered and boring. These 2 planes, made by the same author to be equal competitors, express the need for aerial superiority and make the sky extremely useful. Both planes allow for in-air refueling, afterburners, and a decent amount of flares. They also have built-in load out choosers.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =385873566
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =385797476

Return to “ARMA 3”