The OFFICIAL Addons REQUEST List

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
Mumbles893

Re: The OFFICIAL Addons REQUEST List

Postby Mumbles893 » Tue May 31, 2016 12:57 pm

Shiiiiiiiit it only takes me about 10-15 mins to download the cup addons. And I live in a small town on a island in Canada.
-Handsome BoB

MysticDaedra

Postby MysticDaedra » Tue May 31, 2016 1:27 pm

I have no problem with spending a lot of time downloading mods, but to not even consider that seems, i don't know, inconsiderate. I don't think we need 30gb of mods to keep the game interesting.

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Tue May 31, 2016 2:17 pm

MysticDaedra wrote:I have no problem with spending a lot of time downloading mods, but to not even consider that seems, i don't know, inconsiderate. I don't think we need 30gb of mods to keep the game interesting.

you know what, in original flash point game you couldn't join a game that was already started, people were waiting for hours to play!
we had to setup allseeneye to fucking sound alarm when game ended so we can jump in.
now people are so god damn spoiled and lazy to press 3 buttons and wait 10 min to join the server :?

yurisuika

Postby yurisuika » Tue May 31, 2016 6:32 pm

To be fair when A3 first came out everyone thought it felt so barren compared to A2. Now that time has passed we have gotten used to it and the addons seem like a lot of stuff, but really it isn't compared to what A2 had stock.

MysticDaedra

Postby MysticDaedra » Wed Jun 01, 2016 10:24 am

Ok ok, I get your point, no need for mudslinging. I'm not lazy, not wanting to wait 3-7 days to be able to log in isn't lazy.

Apollo

Postby Apollo » Wed Jun 01, 2016 8:58 pm

MysticDaedra wrote:Ok ok, I get your point, no need for mudslinging. I'm not lazy, not wanting to wait 3-7 days to be able to log in isn't lazy.

Yeah man it sucks for guys that dont have great bandwidth, but we need to advance and improve things and make balance changes, once cup is sorted out/finished development the only mod that should be getting changes should be the ofps pack.

PR9INICHEK

Postby PR9INICHEK » Thu Jun 02, 2016 1:34 pm

I Love CUP SO Much

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Thu Jun 02, 2016 6:08 pm

did u update cup?

PR9INICHEK

Postby PR9INICHEK » Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:03 am

omon wrote:did u update cup?

Hmm. I think Yes, Auto-Update from Launcher and Steam Workshop

Yak

Postby Yak » Sat Jun 04, 2016 11:07 am

omon wrote:This game mode for first time noobs is over complicated and there is nothing can be done about that, if noobs find out about it from friends or youtube and show interest they will download even if it takes 2 days.

CTI isn't really that complicated when you consider the core mechanics, it's just always been presented in a way that isn't very intuitive and leaves newcomers without much direction on what to do and how to do it. Simple things like a tooltip explaining how to capture a town when you're in a town zone for the first time would do wonders for introducing new people to the game.

Anyway, kinda off-topic.

Return to “ARMA 3”