NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
omon
Site Admin

NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby omon » Fri Apr 08, 2016 2:55 pm

Server IP: 209.160.28.31
Maps Avaiable: Tanoa, Altis, Stratis, Cherarus
Maps coming soon: Takistan, Nogova

We recently started working on new mission!
Its time to upgrade and introduce better game play!
Zerty is no longer there to support his code!

Benny is doing all the heavy lifting for us! Please donate, as i will be sending all the server donations to him and some of us are going to pay him for the work his doing!

Some things that will happen
1. We are using Benny's original mission as baseline (Stable and runs like butter)

2. Full HC integration (Town Defense, Static AI) This is done to give server more headroom. DONE
- AI spawn wave system
4.Towns will still be territorial just like from arma2 DONE
- Town network linking system, base linking system is also going into garbage can. DONE
- Town AI spawning script hides AI inside buildings, and behind other objects. DONE
- Towns will have camps(spawning on them might have limits / price) DONE
- Towns will generate supply, to be used for upgrades and base building DONE
- Towns will have option to buy limited weapons, probably gorilla style ones.
- Town will have peace time after capture DONE
- Towns will have option to change AI to different military (Taki, PMC, CUP, ETC, Zombie) DONE

5. All existing addons that used on Extended are staying. DONE

6. Rework Naval towns, spawn AI on platforms. DONE
- Redo waypoint system for boats not to go to flag pole. DONE

7. Respawn inside vehicles, fix respawn for naval towns. DONE

8. Introduce IR smoke for tanks that will get deployed automatically on incoming rockets, enables from updated.

9. Instant refund due to bad spawn! (If your new purchase blows up due to the greatest arma physics you will get 100% refund)

10. Para drop free to any town we own
- Wont work if there is enemy near town.

11. Tank Lowgear (Hill climb at steady 25 mph) / Tank Stealth mod (Takes out fuel making you go off radar, you will still l be visible but as white dot)

12. Reward for killing enemy base buildings, and global broadcast who killed what. DONE

13. Base
- Deployable MHQ (Must deploy MHQ to build, no military tower needed) DONE
- 60% refund for base selling (Supply and cash) DONE

14. Ability to buy air planes at any air field.

15. Player Vs Player cash reward based on score times X coefficient. DONE

16. Persistent gear (On disconnect and reconnect you will have gear that you left with! No more time waste!) DONE

17. Added parameter to turn town resistance into Zombies! DONE

18. Force lock & Repair with toolkit DONE

19. In vehicle name tag system DONE

20. In game name tag system

Time line
I would like to lunch this as production Alpha mission and run it on main server as soon as Benny gets few things squared away. (This will let us build more refined product as we would get better feed back from our community)

Legal Disclaimer:
- No modifications allowed.
- Scripts can not be used in other missions.
- It is a free mission and can not be used for commercial purpose.
- Some of these conditions could not apply if the author grants permission

CpnJackHarkness

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby CpnJackHarkness » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:15 pm

neat
in-game/steam name: marc defranco

Apollo

Postby Apollo » Fri Apr 08, 2016 3:53 pm

Sounds good man, Will the air loadout system be staying? Want to know if I should still be working on it in the comming weeks.

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Fri Apr 08, 2016 4:31 pm

Apollo wrote:Sounds good man, Will the air loadout system be staying? Want to know if I should still be working on it in the comming weeks.

If we go to different system we will still need all the class names and slot names etc.

CpnJackHarkness

Postby CpnJackHarkness » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:16 pm

-snip-
Last edited by CpnJackHarkness on Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
in-game/steam name: marc defranco

yurisuika

Postby yurisuika » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:30 pm

omon wrote:4.Towns will still be territorial just like from arma2, option to activate and deactivate is going to garbage can (not realistic)
- Town network linking system, base linking system is also going into garbage can.
This is the best news of all time!

Perhaps play with this map? ;) http://www.ofps.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=334

Also, does this mean we may have deployable MHQ or will bases remain the same?

DeadlyDays

Postby DeadlyDays » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:35 pm

I will forgo coffee for some days and contribute at least 20 moneys when I see this on server, I am so so for expanding town vehicle/equip spawning(for higher cost/higher upgrade requirements)

The ACE3 stuff will make for some insanely great guerilla missions

Whissed44

Postby Whissed44 » Fri Apr 08, 2016 5:49 pm

This sounds good except for 3
"3. ACE Integration (We are going to use everything from it!)
-We going integrate our GUI menus into ACE interaction system.
-We are dropping almost all Zerty's features, as ACE will have them and they are way more polished.
- Service menus will be dropped, and replaced with ACE rearm, repair and refuel methods."

The gui menu update was what really killed the ofps server for me and a lot of people as it was prone to breaking and would not even show up or work on non standard gui scales and the player grouping trash. their is no reason to have a grouping system that noone uses and if you dont forget to lock the group your forced to make, players steal all of your money and leave.
anyways long story short the best choice for most players is the scroll menu allowing even the newest of players to be able to get into the game without asking over global. HOW DO I BEAT THE TUTORIAL? every 5 minutes. cutting off a solid 90% of the playerbase.

Also why is this map not in use http://www.ofps.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=334 i remember this being on one of the side servers with nothing but positive reviews on it. this would also mesh well with 4.Towns will still be territorial just like from arma2, option to activate and deactivate is going to garbage can (not realistic) which btw you cant really cry about realism when you run around in third person, and you cant really say the third person is for new players when 90% of them cant get threw your tutorial

and finally
- Town network linking system, base linking system is also going into garbage can.
could this be replaced with a area of influence to capture say i capture Telos i can now capture any base around the general area of lets say 3000m keeping players from instantly rushing across the map capturing obscure places with helicopters, honestly whats from stooping people from flying around enemy bases dropping a single guy off then leaving capturing 5-6 bases all at once,
again the area of influence stops this and improves upon the existing lattice lines and meshes well with
http://www.ofps.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=334
+ having like 20 bases active would probably crash the server because arma 3 is a optimized rock

I would like to see anyone else's thoughts on this.

yurisuika

Postby yurisuika » Fri Apr 08, 2016 6:01 pm

Whissed44 wrote:- Town network linking system, base linking system is also going into garbage can.
could this be replaced with a area of influence to capture say i capture Telos i can now capture any base around the general area of lets say 3000m keeping players from instantly rushing across the map capturing obscure places with helicopters, honestly whats from stooping people from flying around enemy bases dropping a single guy off then leaving capturing 5-6 bases all at once,
again the area of influence stops this and improves upon the existing lattice lines and meshes well with
That would be a good idea, although something greater such as 5km might be more realistic.
It reminds me of my old idea... http://www.ofps.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t ... 2203#p2203

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Fri Apr 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Whissed44 wrote:This sounds good except for 3
"3. ACE Integration (We are going to use everything from it!)
-We going integrate our GUI menus into ACE interaction system.
-We are dropping almost all Zerty's features, as ACE will have them and they are way more polished.
- Service menus will be dropped, and replaced with ACE rearm, repair and refuel methods."

The gui menu update was what really killed the ofps server for me and a lot of people as it was prone to breaking and would not even show up or work on non standard gui scales and the player grouping trash. their is no reason to have a grouping system that noone uses and if you dont forget to lock the group your forced to make, players steal all of your money and leave.
anyways long story short the best choice for most players is the scroll menu allowing even the newest of players to be able to get into the game without asking over global. HOW DO I BEAT THE TUTORIAL? every 5 minutes. cutting off a solid 90% of the playerbase.

Also why is this map not in use http://www.ofps.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=334 i remember this being on one of the side servers with nothing but positive reviews on it. this would also mesh well with 4.Towns will still be territorial just like from arma2, option to activate and deactivate is going to garbage can (not realistic) which btw you cant really cry about realism when you run around in third person, and you cant really say the third person is for new players when 90% of them cant get threw your tutorial

and finally
http://www.ofps.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=334
+ having like 20 bases active would probably crash the server because arma 3 is a optimized rock

I would like to see anyone else's thoughts on this.

GUI menu is very good that ACE has, ACE has slideshow module that we can use to leave basic instruction for new people. This whole tutorial that zerty did doesn't work well i know for fact that when i got on for the first time all i saw is bunch of walls with shit loads of information that really didn't feel like reading.

Town capping layout is staying same! "if you never played arma2 "Territorial" means you have to capture neighboring towns before moving on". You wont be able to capture the town that you are in if you lost neighboring town, right now that is broken on zertys mission.

Return to “ARMA 3”