NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
wjrevera

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby wjrevera » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:21 pm

That's great thanks. Only problem I have is it keeps dumping me in the sea on Napf? And also I can't join the official server as .pbo's aren't signed?

INNOCENTandCLUELESS

Postby INNOCENTandCLUELESS » Fri Dec 30, 2016 8:23 am

Hello
I am about to test your mission as "home entertainment", means playing MP missions with heavy AI scripting also alone or with few friends.
The versions I grabbed out of MP missions cache yesterday have one common problem: AI squads cannot capture towns (or I do not know the proper mission parameter setup).

What I discovered is that town occupation level starts only decreasing if a human player is within a certain range of the main bunker. In most CTIs (crCTI, BECTI) town capture conditions are relaxed so that also AI in a wider range of the main bunker triggering the count down.

Question(s): is it on purpose that only human player can capture a town? Or is it a bug or wrong mission parameter from my side?
If it is on purpose, is it possible to provide a mission parameter (+ functionality) that allows to let AI capturing towns?

Without working AI capturing I cannot do own testing since the opposite force is unable to capturing anything.

THX and best regards

I&C

Brent

Postby Brent » Fri Dec 30, 2016 10:29 am

It is intentional that only players can cap towns. With the implementation of Benny's version this year, there is no longer a 2 town limit for town activation (this was when AI were able to cap towns).

Since Benny's version has no limit to the amount of towns that can be active at once, AI were disabled from activating/capping towns for the sake of frames/server performance.

As far as playing against an AI enemy in the commander slot, I'm not sure Benny's version can really work, it is intended for an online multiplayer/lan with other human beings. It may be possible, but I am unaware of the solution.

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Fri Dec 30, 2016 12:04 pm

INNOCENTandCLUELESS wrote:Hello
I am about to test your mission as "home entertainment", means playing MP missions with heavy AI scripting also alone or with few friends.
The versions I grabbed out of MP missions cache yesterday have one common problem: AI squads cannot capture towns (or I do not know the proper mission parameter setup).

What I discovered is that town occupation level starts only decreasing if a human player is within a certain range of the main bunker. In most CTIs (crCTI, BECTI) town capture conditions are relaxed so that also AI in a wider range of the main bunker triggering the count down.

Question(s): is it on purpose that only human player can capture a town? Or is it a bug or wrong mission parameter from my side?
If it is on purpose, is it possible to provide a mission parameter (+ functionality) that allows to let AI capturing towns?

Without working AI capturing I cannot do own testing since the opposite force is unable to capturing anything.

THX and best regards

I&C

Sorry to hear BECTI is not performing for your specific needs. If you know a bit of code you can modify the mission to suit your needs, prob best solution for you. If you want help hit us up on discord or these forums and we'll be glad to help.

INNOCENTandCLUELESS

Postby INNOCENTandCLUELESS » Fri Dec 30, 2016 3:47 pm

I tried to open (depbo) the mission files, Elitness telling me that it id "obfuscated" so somehow encrypted?

And btw, I have several BECTI versions with working AI capping.

INNOCENTandCLUELESS

Postby INNOCENTandCLUELESS » Wed Jan 11, 2017 9:10 am

Once more, I cannot open the .pbo, it says its encrypted, I contacted MikeRo and he told me that I need to contact the "owner" of the mission. So could someone be so kind and help me with unpacking decryption of your mission?

Thx in advance

I&C

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Wed Jan 11, 2017 12:41 pm

Not open for public editing, you have to join our dev team if you want access.

Hawkeye

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Jan 14, 2017 2:20 pm

A few notes:
  1. Camp markers need to be larger. They are hard to make out on the map.
  2. If you're going to include a lot of custom gear, you need to show stats for it, like in the arsenal/garage. I have seen this used in other game modes, like Liberation I think. I do not know if you can merge that with a pay-to-use mode like Warfare, but it's necessary. I never use the CUP stuff since I have no clue how it compares to vanilla stuff.
  3. Similarly, it is still very unclear what vehicles have what weaponry and health. For instance, how many bombs does the Tu have? Only one way to find out, and that costs $30K. Stuff like that, we need to have a readily accessible, in-game GUI that explains stuff.
  4. Similarly, it is still very unclear what base upgrades do what, what buildings provide what, etc, etc.
  5. "Low gear" should be a top priority at this point.
  6. How do I change the space = jump? It is not configurable.
Overall, this is an excellent mission you've made. Really my favorite Warfare to date. However, with all the changes and addons, it's a rambling, confusing, complicated mess with little to no documentation, GUI support, or clarity. Learning all this is a slow process of trial and error and learning from what others talk about in-game.

INNOCENTandCLUELESS

Postby INNOCENTandCLUELESS » Sun Jan 15, 2017 10:03 am

Hi Spanish
When you suggest " If you know a bit of code you can modify the mission to suit your needs, prob best solution for you." then I expect unscrambled code. I am not a dev, I change mission or units parameter to my needs or sometimes I port missions to favorite islands.
When I touch the mission logic I usually end up with a dysfunctional mess :-)

What do I need to do to get my sticky fingers onto the mission code? I need to apply in a formal way to get access/be part of the OFPS dev team?

Hawkeye

Postby Hawkeye » Sun Jan 15, 2017 7:34 pm

INNOCENTandCLUELESS wrote:Hi Spanish
When you suggest " If you know a bit of code you can modify the mission to suit your needs, prob best solution for you." then I expect unscrambled code. I am not a dev, I change mission or units parameter to my needs or sometimes I port missions to favorite islands.
When I touch the mission logic I usually end up with a dysfunctional mess :-)

What do I need to do to get my sticky fingers onto the mission code? I need to apply in a formal way to get access/be part of the OFPS dev team?
Unpack the mission pbo and edit the scripts to your liking. There's info on how to unpack on the bis forums and wiki.

Return to “ARMA 3”