NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
SabreOne

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby SabreOne » Sat Aug 06, 2016 11:43 pm

My thoughts on the latest update

Unit V1.

The naming of units -
So, as people have voiced their opinion. The current naming is a bit oversimplified, I feel that the current Arma 3 names of units was perfectly fine. Maybe adding the proper role of a vehicle would be a better alternative. Such as *IFV, CAS, ect. For the total newbies that don't understand military terminology. We could make a simple diary record on the mission that explains the abbreviations for people to look at and for players to direct to if a player needs more information. At a deeper level, we could even include it in the digital manual of the game using our in-house mod bundle.

The prices -
For a V1 starter I thought the prices were relevantly fine. Some stuff needs separated, for example the Ural repair is faster but lighter armor, vs the Tempest one and such. But these are minor tweaks that can be adjusted overtime without a massive re-haul that are last version really needed.

Hatchbacks -
I suggest avoiding any civilian vehicles aside from town depots. They simply don't make sense in a military base. Matter of fact I think all civs vehicles(including air) should be reserved for town depots, including airfields!

Russia/USA Cup soldiers.
The issue with using the CUP AI is that CUP simply deludes roles to much with the vanilla aspects. Both units don't come equip with night vision, meaning people will have to manually equip every single one. It can be a lesson for newbies, but honestly a annoyance for us vets. This also complicates the original design aspect of the barracks AI having the same gear as you have access to. Since CSAT armor is based in the uniform, and Russia armor based in the vest. You potentially can double stack CSAT equipment to insane levels(remember that Opfor still have the best helmets) that go beyond the abilities of Blufor.

A few other footnotes, to have true AI to gear level would require us to adjust every single vehicle crew in the game, then only upgrade to the next level after the upgrade has been unlocked. I don't know the fine tuning of the mission but this seems a far more amount of work then desired. It would be cool if this was possible, I.E going from Russian crew to CSAT crews, ect.

Final notes -

I'm glad the overall income has been reduced. It will take a while for people to adjust, but I believe it will make people care a little more about their assets. I think it will also force people to work together more, sharing transports and such. Which is something I greatly miss from the older BECTI days.

Why I'm very against adjusting configs for assets, as I think that extends way out of the scope as mission makers. I think reducing the range for artillery was a good one. I hope this change and the reduction of price will see more use of artillery as a support weapon overall rather then a instant base spam.

One last thing regarding balance. My biggest joy about the arma universe is each faction isn't mirrored. I enjoy the fact that Blufor has a stronger compatibility in one thing, vs Opfor in another. I encourage the devs to keep this in mind when adding new assets or options, and to avoid mirror stat for stat as the arma 2 server did.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Armoured_personnel_carrier
If you need a bit of explanation between a APC and IFV. In arma terms, this would be comparing say a Panther to a Marshall.
Last edited by SabreOne on Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
In-game name = Matthew

Schmeisser

Postby Schmeisser » Sun Aug 07, 2016 8:50 am

Names done

Minor cost adjustments done

Adding protector mags done

Adding spg1 or what the name of the 9.xx mm sniper is done

Will add vanilla ai

Once the damage of artillery has slightly reduced, i will make them cheaper

SabreOne

Postby SabreOne » Sun Aug 07, 2016 10:36 am

Schmeisser wrote:Once the damage of artillery has slightly reduced, i will make them cheaper

I still stand by that we need to avoid editing vehicle configs. Your opening up a huge can of things that can go wrong when you do. You now have to deal with ammo capcity, fire rate, velocity of the round, ect. You also have to compare it to how much it does against vehicles, vs the buildings. Which sounds like the main concern is demolishing bases. Along with all of this, you need to find a reliable way of assuring that the spread is added into the factor. A long range barrage with a spread of 100m isn't going to be as effective on a building vs 20m. I rather see efforts to be put into getting the artillery radar up, or adjusting the base buildings health.
In-game name = Matthew

Schmeisser

Postby Schmeisser » Sun Aug 07, 2016 12:20 pm

:)

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Sun Aug 07, 2016 11:09 pm

Thinking about adding independent darter to base defense static system, they work together much better with spotter above the base. Might be to OP :lol:

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:21 pm

Long range AA system is in & Static pods are improved big thanks to Blub!

To use the Long range system Build Radar and Sam site launcher from defense menu, The radar will spot anything across the map as long as in its sight view, so make sure you build the on high elevation :lol:
Launcher missiles can go up to 15k distance, and have unlimited ammo (for now) with fixed reload speed.

Upgrade prices and times changed as well as slight income bump!

swizzlewizzle

Postby swizzlewizzle » Sat Aug 13, 2016 7:36 pm

Uhh isn't that a little bit OP??

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:16 am

swizzlewizzle wrote:Uhh isn't that a little bit OP??

it will defiantly keep noobs on ground.

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Sun Aug 14, 2016 8:52 am

omon wrote:
swizzlewizzle wrote:Uhh isn't that a little bit OP??

it will defiantly keep noobs on ground.

Lol, it will keep everything on the ground...

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Mon Aug 15, 2016 3:15 pm

Its not fully finished yet, but right now it will fire on minimum fire distance >1k and range is < 5k and > 100 meters high. Unless some noob com places radar some where in vally then it wont fire at all :lol:

We will probably have more range on upgrade.

Return to “ARMA 3”