NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
User avatar
omon
Site Admin
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:12 pm
Location: Renton, WA

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby omon » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:49 pm

Base protection is a noob way of playing CTI.
You might need to change your tactics of game play, but even with base protection before there was nothing you could do against satchels.

Id rather have Benny do something more useful

SabreOne
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:46 am

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby SabreOne » Mon Aug 01, 2016 12:08 am

omon wrote:Base protection is a noob way of playing CTI.
You might need to change your tactics of game play, but even with base protection before there was nothing you could do against satchels.

Id rather have Benny do something more useful


I think the real point out of his argument is towns are really not worth fighting over as much compared to when base protection was involved. At least with base protection, towns had a very important significance in holding.On top of that, it also helped deal with the respawn wars between a early raid and the team defending the base. Which although part of the game, are far less interesting then fighting for a town.

Here is a idea, how about tying amount of towns to what you can research? I.E afte 5 towns you can research tier 1 stuff, 10 tier 2, ect. It would promote players to aggressively control towns. With the winning team getting the chance to research higher end stuff, why the losing team has to step up the fight to gain those levels.
In-game name = Matthew

User avatar
Apollo
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby Apollo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:25 am

SabreOne wrote:
omon wrote:Base protection is a noob way of playing CTI.
You might need to change your tactics of game play, but even with base protection before there was nothing you could do against satchels.

Id rather have Benny do something more useful


I think the real point out of his argument is towns are really not worth fighting over as much compared to when base protection was involved. At least with base protection, towns had a very important significance in holding.On top of that, it also helped deal with the respawn wars between a early raid and the team defending the base. Which although part of the game, are far less interesting then fighting for a town.

Here is a idea, how about tying amount of towns to what you can research? I.E afte 5 towns you can research tier 1 stuff, 10 tier 2, ect. It would promote players to aggressively control towns. With the winning team getting the chance to research higher end stuff, why the losing team has to step up the fight to gain those levels.


AI skill/detection for base defenders will go up, along with the new base walls and hesco walls base defense should be much easier for a commander to accomplish. you will certainly see more changes to bases. you guys need to be patient, we are only in beta for the main mission and alpha for allot of features.
Image

User avatar
Apollo
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby Apollo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 2:27 am

BrockLancaster wrote:In all honesty I'm kind of missing base protection. It led to some really cool town battles where the defending team was desperately trying to hold that last town. Now it's just play for an hour or so then destroy enemy base. I know you're trying to shorten game times but I think 1-2 hours is really short and the gameplay feels a little shallow. Are there plans to bring it back?


games should not really end in 1-2 hours unless the commander is really really bad :( guides and stuff should be incoming by the end Augest, and commanders should be training themselves and getting input from players.
Image

User avatar
omon
Site Admin
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:12 pm
Location: Renton, WA

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby omon » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:40 am

I feel like with Zertys mission and Spanishes edits we lost the true meaning of BECTI. People need to relearn how to play this game mode, and if a player develops new game tactic to be better than other I WILL NOT stop them by tweaking mission.

Also keep in mind all the unit pricing/upgrade levels will be overhauled soon!
Gear is updated, but needs work.

User avatar
Apollo
Posts: 305
Joined: Tue Nov 17, 2015 7:51 pm

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby Apollo » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:42 am

omon wrote:I feel like with Zertys mission and Spanishes edits we lost the true meaning of BECTI. People need to relearn how to play this game mode, and if a player develops new game tactic to be better than other I WILL NOT stop them by tweaking mission.


I agree, as long as we generally give players effective tools at a competitive price to counter tactics.

If they choose not to use those tools or leave a massive blind spot like not building a defensible base and taking precautions IE building def emplacements, hangers/covers, walls to limit entry etc then they deserve to suffer from those failings. If 20 players walk through their commanders base and see massive defensive failings/issues, and choose to do nothing about it, then well....

We are not punished for our mistakes, but by them
Last edited by Apollo on Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:48 am, edited 3 times in total.
Image

User avatar
omon
Site Admin
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:12 pm
Location: Renton, WA

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby omon » Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:45 am

Update:
Added code for instant gun/launcher removal from the ground (prevent taking weapons/launchers from dead soldiers) (You still can take anything their backpacks like ammo and other shit)
Added code to remove ruins from ground which were caused by planes/choppers crashing (runways will be always clear :D )

SabreOne
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2014 1:46 am

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby SabreOne » Tue Aug 02, 2016 11:54 pm

omon wrote:I feel like with Zertys mission and Spanishes edits we lost the true meaning of BECTI. People need to relearn how to play this game mode, and if a player develops new game tactic to be better than other I WILL NOT stop them by tweaking mission.

Also keep in mind all the unit pricing/upgrade levels will be overhauled soon!
Gear is updated, but needs work.


I disagree with this. If we wanted a more true BECTI we would go back to being able to build individual buildings were ever we want as long as we deploy the MHQ. We can't argue that Zerty mission wasn't true BECTI because we have borrowed lots of ideas that have been developed from it.

Why don't we have no limits on were you can build? Because it was a pain in the ass back then to find every building that are scattered within a 10km radius.
Why don't we have base protection? Because you believe that players should adapt and overcome.

I think you are looking at it from only one side of the coin. What potential gameplay situations could base protection bring?
In-game name = Matthew

User avatar
omon
Site Admin
Posts: 447
Joined: Sun Jan 12, 2014 5:12 pm
Location: Renton, WA

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby omon » Wed Aug 03, 2016 7:29 am

SabreOne wrote:
omon wrote:I feel like with Zertys mission and Spanishes edits we lost the true meaning of BECTI. People need to relearn how to play this game mode, and if a player develops new game tactic to be better than other I WILL NOT stop them by tweaking mission.

Also keep in mind all the unit pricing/upgrade levels will be overhauled soon!
Gear is updated, but needs work.


I disagree with this. If we wanted a more true BECTI we would go back to being able to build individual buildings were ever we want as long as we deploy the MHQ. We can't argue that Zerty mission wasn't true BECTI because we have borrowed lots of ideas that have been developed from it.

Why don't we have no limits on were you can build? Because it was a pain in the ass back then to find every building that are scattered within a 10km radius.
Why don't we have base protection? Because you believe that players should adapt and overcome.

I think you are looking at it from only one side of the coin. What potential gameplay situations could base protection bring?



Sabre in Arma 2 on our server if you kill mhq game is over, and was no base protection. Like i said players from arma 2 like Optics and Esi will show you how its done. IMO zertys mission was just slow and boring and it was built on unfinished becti.

User avatar
Liveandletdie
Site Admin
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Mar 28, 2014 9:20 pm
Location: Portland OR

Re: NEW BECTI WARFARE MISSION

Postby Liveandletdie » Wed Aug 03, 2016 12:22 pm

I think for the most part the Base Protection from the old mission is psychological, the factories in the new mission are actually stronger then the old ones and actually about the same as with base protection on......2 satchels can bring any factory down. Personally i think base protection should come in the form of strong base defenses and it is up to the commander/team to manage this. BASES should be feared!!


Return to “ARMA 3”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests