ARMA 3 Server Suggestions

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
Peakman

Re: ARMA 3 Server Suggestions

Postby Peakman » Sat Jul 30, 2016 4:02 am

Replace all the shitty cup rifles with https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... =665702172
NIArms are a higher quality and work with all attachments.

CpnJackHarkness

Postby CpnJackHarkness » Sat Jul 30, 2016 10:42 am

Peakman wrote:Replace all the shitty cup rifles with https://steamcommunity.com/workshop/fil ... =665702172
NIArms are a higher quality and work with all attachments.

+1
in-game/steam name: marc defranco

Leadpumper

Postby Leadpumper » Sat Aug 06, 2016 10:57 am

+1 to NIArms and I'd also like the JSRS key to be added back to the server, it feels like a different game without it.

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Tue Aug 09, 2016 5:45 pm

Please scrap the "supply" system for building factories/upgrades. It's dramatically slowing down the game and putting teams in positions they can't recover from if a bad CO takes charge. In the past mission, a new Commander could pool money from players and quickly fix issues like not having a Light Fact/Repair Fact/necessary upgrade ETC. Using $$$ for everything created a system in which a team that used the most "teamwork" could get ahead of the opposing force by sharing resources. Now, we're stuck waiting for supplies to increase at a snails pace.

Also, a lack of effective base static weapons and inability to repair destroyed factories has resulted in a mission that now forces players to rush air as fast as possible and attack the base quickly, this type of strategy is not fun for anyone. It reeks of the Arma 2 days and is frankly losing it's fun factor.

Nostromo

Postby Nostromo » Tue Aug 09, 2016 7:44 pm

SpanishSurfer wrote:Please scrap the "supply" system for building factories/upgrades. It's dramatically slowing down the game and putting teams in positions they can't recover from if a bad CO takes charge. In the past mission, a new Commander could pool money from players and quickly fix issues like not having a Light Fact/Repair Fact/necessary upgrade ETC. Using $$$ for everything created a system in which a team that used the most "teamwork" could get ahead of the opposing force by sharing resources. Now, we're stuck waiting for supplies to increase at a snails pace.

Also, a lack of effective base static weapons and inability to repair destroyed factories has resulted in a mission that now forces players to rush air as fast as possible and attack the base quickly, this type of strategy is not fun for anyone. It reeks of the Arma 2 days and is frankly losing it's fun factor.

Yep, new mission system is crap compared to the old one.
Yesterday we had this issue, commander didnt build air nor heavy, when another commander took over, we had money but didnt have enough "supply" to recover. at the bright side, we had enough cash to buy a thousand quads.

MenDr

Postby MenDr » Tue Aug 16, 2016 2:28 pm

I just want to say: please make factories A BIT less resiliant, i fire my whole fkn arsenal of varsuk tank at af and it still doesnt die, i know af is toughest but theother factories also need a crazy lot, i just think its to much. U could make the base ciircle larger so that defenses can be put better in compensation, or make walls a litl bit tougher i dont know, buit the facs should not withstand 20 ap rounds from a varsuk.
Thats my opinion
Also: is arty broken or something? ppl never use it :(

Brent

Postby Brent » Wed Aug 17, 2016 8:06 am

MenDr wrote:I just want to say: please make factories A BIT less resiliant, i fire my whole fkn arsenal of varsuk tank at af and it still doesnt die, i know af is toughest but theother factories also need a crazy lot, i just think its to much. U could make the base ciircle larger so that defenses can be put better in compensation, or make walls a litl bit tougher i dont know, buit the facs should not withstand 20 ap rounds from a varsuk.
Thats my opinion

I use arty every game I get the chance, it's great for destroying all of the defenses that are setup from a safe distance (especially now that the radar and patriot systems are in place). As far as killing buildings goes, it's not very cost effective unless you have tier 4 heavy fac and use a sochor or MLRS (which most teams don't focus on upgrading, they always prefer maxing air which takes a long time)

MenDr

Postby MenDr » Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:51 am

Brent wrote:
MenDr wrote:I just want to say: please make factories A BIT less resiliant, i fire my whole fkn arsenal of varsuk tank at af and it still doesnt die, i know af is toughest but theother factories also need a crazy lot, i just think its to much. U could make the base ciircle larger so that defenses can be put better in compensation, or make walls a litl bit tougher i dont know, buit the facs should not withstand 20 ap rounds from a varsuk.
Thats my opinion

I use arty every game I get the chance, it's great for destroying all of the defenses that are setup from a safe distance (especially now that the radar and patriot systems are in place). As far as killing buildings goes, it's not very cost effective unless you have tier 4 heavy fac and use a sochor or MLRS (which most teams don't focus on upgrading, they always prefer maxing air which takes a long time)

ye arty needs to be operated manualy didnt know that
but i also miss the days where you could command up to 14 units, now its only 4! its a real bummer to me actly i should have mentioned this first

Brent

Postby Brent » Wed Aug 17, 2016 1:25 pm

You can put AI in arty and it will work, you just need a spotter/uav to inform them of targets. You can also tell them to manually fire at an area if you want as well.

Unit limit is indeed a bummer, as far as I'm aware it is capped at 5 total for server performance, it may change in the future.

MenDr

Postby MenDr » Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:39 am

Brent wrote:You can put AI in arty and it will work, you just need a spotter/uav to inform them of targets. You can also tell them to manually fire at an area if you want as well.

Unit limit is indeed a bummer, as far as I'm aware it is capped at 5 total for server performance, it may change in the future.

Its actualy four, five if you include yourself.
Btw why can't you use yourself as an arty spotter, and how do you spot a piece of ground with a uav? or you really need a specific target?

Return to “ARMA 3”