ARMA 3 Server Suggestions

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
Lex1

Re: ARMA 3 Server Suggestions

Postby Lex1 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 7:26 pm

Yesterday played on the server. The balance of equipment of AT at red, and at blue has surprised. Red have nothing powerful from AT, to the last Gir.
Or there is a problem in Mod?
Yesterday, titans haven't been pumped over, from all available arsenal tried different AT rockets. Spent for jeeps of blue on three - four rockets.
Check cars of this type at blue, OFPS.
Video from the editor. Jeeps of this type armor as at Abrams.
https://youtu.be/KmfVUn-U8hs

omon
Site Admin

Postby omon » Mon Dec 05, 2016 7:50 am

Lex1 wrote:Yesterday played on the server. The balance of equipment of AT at red, and at blue has surprised. Red have nothing powerful from AT, to the last Gir.
Or there is a problem in Mod?
Yesterday, titans haven't been pumped over, from all available arsenal tried different AT rockets. Spent for jeeps of blue on three - four rockets.
Check cars of this type at blue, OFPS.
Video from the editor. Jeeps of this type armor as at Abrams.
https://youtu.be/KmfVUn-U8hs

Lex you need to post this on CUP, we have nothing to do with the content.

Brent

Postby Brent » Mon Dec 05, 2016 10:51 am

You should see some of the winter independent units. There are some tanks that require 6+ rockets to kill. There is also one of those little jeeps that can absorb 4-5 rockets even though it's a flimsy little car.

I'm convinced the winter maps shouldn't even be in rotation, lot's of polishing is required to make them like the regular maps. Every single game on winter maps I see multiple complaints from players on how inconsistent the town occupation is.

Heavy tanks reward you $200 for killing them
There are some light vehicles that have bulletproof gunners but AI will only fire machine gun rounds at them
One of the tank models dies to one rocket and will continue driving on fire after exploding

CpnJackHarkness

Postby CpnJackHarkness » Tue Dec 06, 2016 11:37 pm

Brent wrote:You should see some of the winter independent units. There are some tanks that require 6+ rockets to kill. There is also one of those little jeeps that can absorb 4-5 rockets even though it's a flimsy little car.

I'm convinced the winter maps shouldn't even be in rotation, lot's of polishing is required to make them like the regular maps. Every single game on winter maps I see multiple complaints from players on how inconsistent the town occupation is.

Heavy tanks reward you $200 for killing them
There are some light vehicles that have bulletproof gunners but AI will only fire machine gun rounds at them
One of the tank models dies to one rocket and will continue driving on fire after exploding

+1 Swedish Forces Pack, which is where all the Winter map occupation units comes from is pretty terrible quality and consistency wise. Not to mention the fact that the majority of vehicles and equipment have no winter version forcing you to only use a select few if you don't want to stick out. The fact that winter maps are really just the same map with a white texture thrown on the ground + an effect really makes them feel like more of a gimmick than anything.
in-game/steam name: marc defranco

Lex1

Postby Lex1 » Wed Dec 07, 2016 3:07 am

On the maps of missions to many cities, where small bunker outside of the occupation circle. It is necessary to move the bunker in a circle.
The reason for this hotfix:
In the bunker there is no indicator of the process of occupation of the bunker.
-Near the bunker, there is no indicator of the process of occupation of the city.
This leads to the disorientation of the process of occupation and protection of the city.

JLucas

Postby JLucas » Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:04 pm

maybe more night missions, or start the misson in early morning, might make it easier to cap towns

Comrade

Postby Comrade » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:10 pm

Hi, there is a problem: playing for the red side and capturing the city, I always confuse who is who, and it's not fair because blue side has no such problems. In "arma 2" it was all clear and I understood clearly what I see. Please note that the green faction at its core is people not having a clear military uniforms and helmets. They have no full sets of clothing. Hats only bandanas waistcoats, hats, or nothing at all. Please take action, as large and medium distances do not distinguish between the texture on the clothes red and green factions.

In Google images you can see examples of the green faction, and to compare them with what we have at the moment...

1. Image
2. Image

Viper

Postby Viper » Mon Apr 03, 2017 4:30 pm

Please remove from server rotation low quality maps - Sahrani. The quality of this map is very low. The textures are pretty bad. Texture tiles are really noticeable. Terrain and buildings geometry is very ugly. AI vehicles constantly stuck between mountains and buildings. It is a nightmare to play on this map.

Retromann

Postby Retromann » Tue May 02, 2017 7:34 am

I love Sahrani. We played it several times in the last days and had much, much fun. And it remembers me on arma 1.

Return to “ARMA 3”