Questions about Missions and Mission Parameters?

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
Peabot

Questions about Missions and Mission Parameters?

Postby Peabot » Thu Jul 07, 2016 5:01 pm

I finally got around to playing a Becti mission locally on my computer in (what I assumed is the proper way to do it) a LAN hosting setup. Geez, after all these years....

I still don't know where to get our CURRENT (extended) version on Steam. The only version I got working was the Becti-Zerty-OFPS, which appears to be very similiar but without any of the extra vehicles and with the starting gear way OP compared to what we are playing now.

The other versions I saw and tried to run locally but failed were; OFPS Extended Mission (by Magnet Ass) and Becti warfare Extended Seattle (by Omon). The one that I got working - Becti-Zerty-OFPS - appears as a mission option in Altis when I set up the local LAN hosting...but it doesn't appear in my MOD pane at the ArmA launcher OR in my "scenarios" pane in the actual game. BECTI Warfare Extended Seattle, WA appears in my MOD pane in the Launcher but doesn't appear in my Scenarios pane in the actual game, and it also doesn't show as mission when i set up the LAN locally to play it. The OFPS Extended Mission (I just double checked to make sure I was subscribed to) doesn't appear anywhere at all....

Can anybody help un-confuse me about how this works? I want to try different things on my own to practice outside of when I am playing in MP. I also tried to test some glitches out (see separate post) to find out how it works but I am not sure if it is valid if I am not using the exact same version that I observed those glitches in...

Further, the Parameters seem to be very extensive and also confusing, since it's not always apparent what each parameter changes or controls. Is there a resource I can refer to learn about these settings? There seems to be to many things to learn by experimenting...

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Re: Questions about Missions and Mission Parameters?

Postby SpanishSurfer » Thu Jul 07, 2016 6:04 pm

Your mission cache contains the latest and greatest straight from the server.

Peabot

Postby Peabot » Sun Jul 10, 2016 3:35 pm

I cannot find that cache, I looked for it and found "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\Missions" and "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Arma 3\MPMissions". They both have a Readme file but are otherwise empty. Am I looking in the right place?

PR9INICHEK

Postby PR9INICHEK » Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:00 pm

Peabot wrote:Am I looking in the right place?

Nope.
Check this place:
c:\Users\<Name of Your Computer>\AppData\Local\Arma 3\

Peabot

Postby Peabot » Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:04 am

PR9INICHEK wrote:
Peabot wrote:Am I looking in the right place?

Nope.
Check this place:
c:\Users\<Name of Your Computer>\AppData\Local\Arma 3\

FOUND IT FINALLY OMFG. I couldn't see it because it was HIDDEN!! Why does microsoft hide folders from the user in the first place??? OK, I just upgraded to Win10 so it appears that it reverted the Folders setting to HIDE certain things. I remember I set this to SHOW in Win7 (my old OS) a while ago and forgot MS has this asinine setting in the first place...

So long stories short I was running around in circles trying to find this thing for a while all because MS decides they will sensor some folders from the rightful legal owners of the poduct.... for whatever reason. A little pissed at Bill Gates atm but got it, and thank you.

Brent

Postby Brent » Mon Jul 11, 2016 10:34 am

The game is pretty damn boring in single player, but I suppose you can play around :)

Glad you finally found it.

Peabot

Postby Peabot » Mon Jul 11, 2016 2:35 pm

Brent wrote:The game is pretty damn boring in single player, but I suppose you can play around :)

Glad you finally found it.

Yes its mostly for practicing and trying out things I would otherwise not be able to/should not do while playing MP with other people.

Captainmorgan

Postby Captainmorgan » Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:07 pm

Does anybody have the older mission files like ones before latest i like to play them in single player but the latest ones just CTD and can only play the Altis one if anybody can help that would be great

Return to “ARMA 3”