Issue with game finances

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
Fresh

Issue with game finances

Postby Fresh » Thu Jan 19, 2017 4:28 pm

First off, i'd like to say thanks to all you dudes who make all of this possible, from hosting to writing the code. Like so many of you, playing this mission is literally one of my favorite past times.

I am surprised there's no mention in these forums about the financial 'glitches' making it possible for the cheaters among us to capitalize on these coding flaws. I would think it's in everyone's interests to have fair and balanced finances, so I'd like to start that discussion.

I don't know the exact specifics of the 'flaw', but according to those who've explained it to me, it involves some kind of 'equipment' purchase, then a return for $$. Hopefully somebody reading this can explain in better detail the nature of this coding flaw that allows some players to sit at base and amass large amounts of money they otherwise would NOT have have access to.

This may have already been corrected, I'm not really sure, but the game last night makes me wonder. While Opfor controlled almost 90% of the map, Bluefor seemingly had no financial issues, pumping out series of high priced jets, a frigate and countless other expensive units.

These financial 'cheats' are seemingly well known and until we're all willing to have them corrected, some player will have unfair 'advantages'. If you're familiar with what i'm talking about, please help to explain these so they can properly be understood and corrected.

Also, question for the admins, the 'bug report' for the 'new mission' is dated back to early 2016. Does the google docs bug report apply to the mission on the server today? Thanks for letting me know, there are a few bugs i'd like to report, namely with the FOB upgrades and how re-arming the Su-35S Flanker E only re-arms one weapon per pod.

Thanks for reading.

Lex1

Re: Issue with game finances

Postby Lex1 » Fri Jan 20, 2017 9:06 am

There are some impressions. Sometimes the endless stream of cars and airplanes from the enemy base surprising. It requires consideration of this issue.
Inventory problems mission here
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =124433645

Hawkeye

Re: Issue with game finances

Postby Hawkeye » Sat Jan 21, 2017 3:14 pm

Frankly, once you get 10-15 towns, there's almost unlimited money available for tanks and the occasional jet. 10-15 towns maxed out in late game will hold over 10 or so players easily. So even if the other team controls the other 40 towns, there's still going to be heavy resistance.

I suppose this could be fixed so that one team got squeezed out by having a specific amount of funds available at a given time (multiplied by total players), and then dividing that between the teams based on [team's SP] / [both teams' SP].

So, let's say at 2 hours in game, you'd have a $300/min per player disbursement, and with 20 players, that'd be $6000/min. Then one team controls 230 SP and the other has 400 SP. So team one would get $6000 x 230 / 630 = $2190/min to be divided up as the commander does already, while the other gets $3800.

I think this would go a long way to making the end game quicker, since there would be no more "infinite tank spam" possible if one team controlled 80% of the map. They'd get 80% of the funds, but instead of ridiculous amounts of funds, it'd be set at a max.

Return to “ARMA 3”