RHS or CUP POLL

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.

Repalce CUP with RHS

Poll ended at Sun Jan 29, 2017 7:24 am

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
85%
NOPE
15%

Total votes: 27

omon
Site Admin

RHS or CUP POLL

Postby omon » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:24 am

Dear friends,
We have had RHS running on our test server for past 2 days, there are way to many good thing to list.
If some one asks well there are so many things missing! -The motive is Quality vs Quantity

If you haven't tried please try before voting @ dev.ofps.net

This poll is for replacing CUP Gear, CUP Units, CUP Vehicles. with RHS.

Nostromo

Re: RHS or CUP POLL

Postby Nostromo » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:21 am

Focke66

Postby Focke66 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:16 pm

Holy shit do those models have weird hands lol giant

KilrBe3

Postby KilrBe3 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 12:28 pm

As a week old player to the server with a buddy and I, I vote for RHS. Quite frankly I put some time into this thinking, I use RHS and every other plane mod under the sun in my editor/sp time. I've never found a use for CUP besides when a server requires it. The quantity it offers never struck me as RHS + other unit mods was well enough. Plus its hard to go back to BIS/A2 content, esp in planes, when we have Firwell Planes.

For units on the server, I don't think too much would be lost with losing CUP. I can think of few planes, few statics, that can't be replaced by RHS. But most stuff is. Last night on server when RHS got brought up via admin message, team noted that BLUFOR would be at a loss in Air power compared to OPFOR. But that loss of power can easily be made back via Firwells Mods (F-16, F-15). Just strip the dialog box out, put preset in buy menu. Make the Sniper XR pods like a very very very very very last commander upgrade or take out all together.

When lacking in Heli power, can use FIR Blackhawks with rocket pods (to act as OPFOR KA-60 Rockets), Blackfoot by FIR as well. But RHS offers Cobra/Apache that's covered.

Besides that, the armor/light should be same power on both sides. I can't think of a big difference in firepower/armor. Infantry be a non issue. When losing TOW statics and like from CUP, RHS/BIS can take those roles.

Highly vote for RHS. Don't think even the casuals who never bother to find the servers website would mind either. Now that it's all on steam, and even less of a download then CUP. I can't see any real honest complaints about going to RHS. Not when RHS has enough content to cover 90% what the mission has, but other mods off steam can easily fill that role if need be.

CpnJackHarkness

Postby CpnJackHarkness » Mon Jan 23, 2017 2:37 pm

KilrBe3 wrote: -snip-

Firewill's aircraft aren't going to be added. While they're definitely nice they unfortunately reduce server FPS fairly significantly. We had them on the server maybe 6 months ago and had to remove them.
in-game/steam name: marc defranco

yurisuika

Postby yurisuika » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:23 pm

QUALITY > QUANTITY

This is something that I have stressed so much and kinda gone off the deep end into a jaded state over.

protossmaster

Postby protossmaster » Mon Jan 23, 2017 11:55 pm

need more people to vote guys, for RHS.

KilrBe3

Postby KilrBe3 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 9:26 am

CpnJackHarkness wrote:

Firewill's aircraft aren't going to be added. While they're definitely nice they unfortunately reduce server FPS fairly significantly. We had them on the server maybe 6 months ago and had to remove them.

Just curious, did you report that to Fir? IIRC that was fixed few versions back. The lag IIRC came from the target pods/dialog menu after a selection.

Honestly, without Fir then.. BLUFOR is going to be, as the guys in-game said, at a disadvantage.... I looked at the spreadsheet doc for units in mission, and there is going to be a gap for sure. It will also be very bland having just Buzzard, Texan, Alpha, A-10. Everything else in Air Fac be lost basically with CUP. Minus few POOKS stuff.

CpnJackHarkness

Postby CpnJackHarkness » Tue Jan 24, 2017 3:06 pm

KilrBe3 wrote:
CpnJackHarkness wrote:

Just curious, did you report that to Fir? IIRC that was fixed few versions back. The lag IIRC came from the target pods/dialog menu after a selection.

Honestly, without Fir then.. BLUFOR is going to be, as the guys in-game said, at a disadvantage.... I looked at the spreadsheet doc for units in mission, and there is going to be a gap for sure. It will also be very bland having just Buzzard, Texan, Alpha, A-10. Everything else in Air Fac be lost basically with CUP. Minus few POOKS stuff.

If thats the case then I'd support their reintroduction, albeit with some of the more OP/lag-inducing weapons and the ECM script removed.
in-game/steam name: marc defranco

Roundcakes

Postby Roundcakes » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:09 pm

Downloaded and ready to roll boys!

Return to “ARMA 3”