Feedback On Current RHS Mission

Discussion Related to the ARMA 3 Server and ARMA 3 in General.
IWilliamzI

Feedback On Current RHS Mission

Postby IWilliamzI » Mon Mar 27, 2017 11:15 am

Vehicle combat is really great atm. Having to get rear shots on tanks and such the particle effects look epic too. RHS fits nicely for the most part.

Building damage values are all over the place atm and this is by far the No 1 goal to fix. For an example it takes two rearms to completely destroy a large FOB with two Apache gunships. Insane. There is so many damage value bugs right now with vehicles, weapons and satchels that perhaps going back to CUP UNTIL the issues with balance and damage are sorted out to playable state wouldn't be a bad idea. Especially with the 64bit bugs on top of that. I'm sure it wouldn't be a hard to switch back for a bit.

This is a bit controversial but I thought about this for a while now I would like to see the Patriot System go. The CRAM is more than able to defend a base and having more than one makes it even more of a guaranteed kill on a aircraft within 1km - 2km. having the Patriot System is overkill with the CRAMs. If manage to get a lucky pass with only base AI shooting at you should live. Doesn't happen often but you should. It adds more stuff to the already growing silhouette of a base thanks to supply dumps as well. Getting AI stuck on them is pretty annoying too. Most commanders build their bases quite close to the frontline now days so having the Patriot System baby sit the frontline because players can't be bovered to build AA vehicles or MANPADS is bad way to have it.

Noticed some vehicles are not in.

Be cool to see the 9P-129 (Scud launcher in). I've seen the damage and the actual radius of it but not sure how much it would do to buildings, wouldn't want them to be OP against them. Think it should be something like 50k and 20k to rearm for 180 seconds.

The MBT T90 variants are not in. Not sure why they didn't get added.

The KA52 gunship. Not sure if that's in already.

I understand the damage values for the vanilla vehicles conflict with the RHS ones atm which will take some time to put in but I'd like to see the rest of the Vanilla and Apex gear and equipment back in. Only 1/3 is there currently.

Comrade

Re: Feedback On Current RHS Mission

Postby Comrade » Mon Apr 03, 2017 10:36 pm

In advance I apologize, if wrote not off topic, but I am concerned about one important point, which is likely as English speaking people do not understand. If you had the choice to listen to English radio protocols or those Doodle spoken by the Syrians, what would you choose? I'm sure that you would be choise your native language. I usually only play for the red side, and will tell you what really looks ridiculous when I give the order to Russian soldiers at some not understandable language, and they ovechat me on his own. Not understandable radio protocols tired very quickly . A big request to teach players of the red fraction speak in their native language (Russian)!

Headly

Postby Headly » Tue Apr 04, 2017 1:15 pm

Is there an RHS frigate equivalent? The CRAMS on the last one were nice. With all of the Island maps added to the line-up now I'd definitely enjoy using navy again.

Headly

Postby Headly » Mon Apr 10, 2017 11:11 am

Just a few things I've found. Hope this is in the correct spot.

1. The unit selection reticle that appears when you press the 'Delete' key below the numpad. (Used for quickly selecting AI units)
-Disappears when the AI is out of range, 30 meters or so.
-I've been putting a marker where my AI are and hovering the selection tool over it until it registers the unit.
2. Units in specific vehicles not firing when player is in the vehicle. (Specifically BTR80).
-I've found that if I assign the AI in my vehicle to another team, like red or green, and tell them to 'fire at will', then they will fire. However if I keep them on default team white, they don't fire until I get out of the vehicle.
3. SAM can despawn if SAM Radar isn't put down.
-Noticed this a couple times when COMM.

Return to “ARMA 3”