rootkit

Ban Appeal

Postby rootkit » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:02 pm

Arma 3

rootkit

Admin Ban {1D- Abusing Glitch - KYLE}

7:31 UTC
3/20/2015

Flew to Vikos with a Huron, killed all the infantry and took the town. Was on my way to Panochori and got the ban. Why?

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Re: Ban Appeal

Postby SpanishSurfer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:16 am

You were only banned for 24 hours so it's not that big a deal but i'll let Kyle explain why he did it since obhave no idea.

Acalculus

Postby Acalculus » Sat Mar 21, 2015 5:52 am

I was actually coming here this morning to post an appeal myself on this. I was in the game, and the ban seemed both entirely groundless and a bad precedent.

The mod, who was on the other team from RootKit, announced that fast capping with a helicopter was abusing glitches in the game.

I feel this was wrong for two reasons:

1) RootKit was not abusing the capture mechanics. The towns were active when he approached them, with occupation forces in them, and then he fought and killed those forces before taking the towns. He was not talking town after town, he spent awhile on the couple or one he took. This is in fact, perfect world town captures.

2) Fastcapping should not be worth a ban worthy. Town captures are broken right now. To take a opfor held town, you basically just need to touch the flag. To ban for this would be impossible, since that's 90% of opposing town captures. It's the way the way the game code is currently setup. Helo fast captures should not be ban worth either, since that's capricious and arbitrary distinction. (And tank fast captures are far harder to stop)

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Sat Mar 21, 2015 8:59 am

If that's what happened Kyle shouldn't have banned. I'll make sure I communicate this to him.

rootkit

Postby rootkit » Sat Mar 21, 2015 11:45 am

When I capped panochori and stadium, which is what The mod was probably complaining about, I didn't kill all the town occ. I just killed the ones near the flag, capped, and had the commander deactivate. I've been using this strategy for awhile now and just figured it was part of the game.

Is this what you would consider an exploit, or can I keep doing it?

KYLE
Site Admin

Postby KYLE » Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:03 pm

I thought you were using air vehicle to avoid killing any opposition and flying in as town was activating so you are at cap point before infantry had finished appearing. The issue is because the game is broken as Acalculus mentioned. It is fair game if you killed enough near flag to cap. I have removed your ban. My apologizes for not asking for more information from you.
OFPS.NET General Manager
Voted most abusive ARMA Admin by 9 out of 10 Adolescent DayZ Fags.
Bohemia isn't evil, they just spend all of their time making the parts of Arma 3 they couldn't finish on time into DLC.
All Admin Decisions are Final - Bitch and ill throw you into the Arma Sarlacc Pit.

Focke66

Postby Focke66 » Sun Mar 22, 2015 8:30 pm

maybe town occ should have AA launchers?

Focke66

Postby Focke66 » Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:11 pm

KYLE wrote:I thought you were using air vehicle to avoid killing any opposition and flying in as town was activating so you are at cap point before infantry had finished appearing. The issue is because the game is broken as Acalculus mentioned. It is fair game if you killed enough near flag to cap. I have removed your ban. My apologizes for not asking for more information from you.

Im not trying to stir the pot but that is what was happening. chopper hovered behind a building an cap'd the flag at vikos and panochori. So there is still some debate left. Not with the ban or player specifically but the practice of air capping.

rootkit

Postby rootkit » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:59 pm

It's impossible to hide behind a building in Vikos while capping the flag, and I actually killed all the town occ when I had my Huron there. I landed the hummingbird in Panochori and capped on foot. A hummingbird can easily be shot down by town occ. I actually ended up getting shot down in Negades while trying to land. I got overrun by ai at the flag and died. I then respawned at stadium and you killed me. Just yesterday I was capping with a Huron and an ai almost shot me down with an grenade launcher. I've also lost all of my fuel in the Huron from small arms fire. I have never once capped before infantry had appeared because they spawn like 500m before I get to the flag.

You make air capping sound easy, when its actually much easier using an mrap or tank for fastcapping. The only reason I would using a heli was because the closest base was 10km away, it was across a body of water, and I was able to maneuver around the front line. This is why Air Radar is in the game. So you can spot infiltrations in your territory and stop it like you did.

That being said, I think it would probably make everyone happy if the cap time was slowed if enemy occ is still in the town. Just like how it is with independents.

SpanishSurfer
Site Admin

Postby SpanishSurfer » Mon Mar 23, 2015 8:24 pm

rootkit wrote:That being said, I think it would probably make everyone happy if the cap time was slowed if enemy occ is still in the town. Just like how it is with independents.

Yep, that would be nice huh! ;)

Return to “Ban Appeals”