Somerled Unban Appeal - McDerp

Somerled Unban Appeal - McDerp

Postby Somerled » Wed Jun 17, 2015 8:37 pm

What Game you were banned from? Seattle CTI Warfare server (Arma 3)
Your in game name: Somerled
Stated reason for the ban (the ban message you get): Eg. 3D-TK-KYLE Ban Message: "Intentional tk"
Approximate local time/date of the ban (include timezone): Around 8:15 pm PST (Seattle)

So I certainly did not "intentionally" tk anyone, and I think that was made clear when I said (after I was fined for a teamkill) "Wait that chopper was friendly??? I pressed tilde to check..." I had shot down what Ares told me was an Orca, which only OPFOR have I guess. I used to play on the OFPS Arma 2 server, but I only recently bought Arma 3 about 4 days ago. I'm really not used to the vehicles and frequently rely on tilde to check for friendlies. That being said, a chopper flew into Neochori (I think thats the name) right as someone typed "NEO" in chat. I thought this meant there was an incoming situation, potentially BLUFOR contact, which I interpreted to be the chopper flying in carrying troops. I check tilde, didn't see the green name pop up, so destroyed it with an RPG all in a matter of about 15 seconds... I believe it was McDerp's helicopter. About 20 seconds after i typed "Wait that chopper was friendly???" someone on our team kept rapidly repeating "Ban him. Ban him. Ban him." over voice. Then McDerp banned me without saying anything.

I apologize for the incident, truly I didn't mean it. But I really don't deserve a ban..

Site Admin

Re: Somerled Unban Appeal - McDerp

Postby KYLE » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:28 am

I have removed your ban based on the logs. Please call out all vehicles in chat to avoid incidents like this in the future. The ~ does not work more than a couple of thousand meters out. The tactical glasses are the only way to tell for sure if someone is friendly or not. Please be more careful in the future.

OFPS.NET General Manager
Voted most abusive ARMA Admin by 9 out of 10 Adolescent DayZ Fags.
Bohemia isn't evil, they just spend all of their time making the parts of Arma 3 they couldn't finish on time into DLC.
All Admin Decisions are Final - Bitch and ill throw you into the Arma Sarlacc Pit.

Return to “Ban Appeals”